Poll

which is better

85 (45.7%)
101 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Scenery's SUBURBIA  (Read 129760 times)

But can you make an Airport?

Also, does this have a time-period progression thing

there is no mechanical or aesthetic reason to have an airport

if you mean day/night cycles yes

there is no mechanical or aesthetic reason to have an airport

if you mean day/night cycles yes
0/10 can't 9/11 planes
literally terrible

Please destroy stuffty builds because that is the main thing that always ruins a good map like this.

back in august i said that suburbia would probably be done in september/october, but i didn't anticipate how much school would slow down development. i'm not sure when suburbia will be finished, but because i always keep posting overly ambitious release dates i'll just say that this game will probably be done before i graduate from college in like 6 or 7 years but no promises

if you want to see progress you can here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvh6Dh_eP53QFRNjxGojFauu6ZImieW-HxseRUUkh3E/edit#gid=0

every major change that i make will also have an update post complete with picture and description from now on because i've decided that they're good and allow us to answer potential questions about the game. if the frequency of update posts dies down you can assume that i'm not working on suburbia for school or motivational related reasons

Please destroy stuffty builds because that is the main thing that always ruins a good map like this.
i am still unsure on how i want to administrate builds for this server. i know that this map is good and i've stated before that i don't want to ruin the map with stuffty builds, but lets face it, many people are not good at building. i'm probably going to have to be somewhat lax about it, but i'll try to keep out the stuff and keep the map looking classy.

i'm planning to make signs to dup around to the stuffty builds that'll list out different techniques on how to build better. i'm thinking that the signs should tell them to go find some lego build online and recreate it in suburbia. i've known people who have done that before who weren't excellent builders but the still managed to build some good stuff. i'm not sure about the ethics of it because you are just stealing someone else's work but hey that's what real lego sets are like. if you have any ideas on how to make people better at building though go ahead and fire away
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:11:39 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

Do a rating type system like The Rise of Blockland

i am still unsure on how i want to administrate builds for this server. i know that this map is good and i've stated before that i don't want to ruin the map with stuffty builds, but lets face it, many people are not good at building. i'm probably going to have to be somewhat lax about it, but i'll try to keep out the stuff and keep the map looking classy.

i'm planning to make signs to dup around to the stuffty builds that'll list out different techniques on how to build better. i'm thinking that the signs should tell them to go find some lego build online and recreate it in suburbia. i've known people who have done that before who weren't excellent builders but the still managed to build some good stuff. i'm not sure about the ethics of it because you are just stealing someone else's work but hey that's what real lego sets are like. if you have any ideas on how to make people better at building though go ahead and fire away
I think you could restrict building to some sort of special role, like an architect.
And the other roles, instead of building, they could pick building models submitted by the architects, or ask them themselves to build for them, in exchange for goods, money, dunno.

or actual building classes idk

I think you could restrict building to some sort of special role, like an architect.
And the other roles, instead of building, they could pick building models submitted by the architects, or ask them themselves to build for them, in exchange for goods, money, dunno.

If this was the case I'd love to be a developer.

i'll just say that this game will probably be done before i graduate from college in like 6 or 7 years but no promises
we'll be waiting

How about some sort of build decay system? If people build something really crappy and leave without working on their build in some way it starts to decay and become rundown until it eventually gets deleted.

You don't have to build on it to reset the decay either, it could be stuff like the owner of the bricks touching their build or doors opening.

I know this system wouldn't help affect quality of builds but I feel it would affect the theme of the server in a way. You could maybe have rundown neighborhoods due to people being forced out from violence in the area, gangs using old buildings as safehouses, etc. There could be some laws the mayor could change to affect decay rates and the like.

This would be really cool if you actually had to buy a house that someone else made.
If buying a house was expensive enough it would incentivize renting people's apartments and hotel rooms and what not.

shh that was a part of PROFITOPIA NO NEED TO SHARE PLANS