Author Topic: google pixel 2 actually doesn't have a headphone jack  (Read 4161 times)

When you throw a literal stufffit over a phone that you would never buy.

i don't know how the usb-c port sounds, but on the iphone, the lightning port has better sound quality than the 3.55mm jack. since usb-c was designed with help from the team that designed the lightning port, it probably also sounds better than the 3.55mm jack.
apple has, on numerous occasions, taken risky steps in attempts to revolutionize the tech industry. they popularized the touchscreen phone, and now, against all odds, they've popularized the removal of the 3.55mm headphone jack.
edit: i forgot that apple is adding the headphone jack back in their new phones. i don't have anything to say about that.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 01:01:46 PM by auzman466 »

its interesting to see people demonize tech companies for making expensive products meanwhile 50% of all companies in the world produced overpriced products anyways

this stuff is a year's salary and people still buy it. why? because they make the product for expensive business people, not 16 year old virgins on lego forums lol. if you're really looking to get your money's worth in a product, buy a $15 flip phone

price aside, the removal of headphone jacks is an objectively terrible business choice
The equivalent of that would be something like the Lamborghini phones, Vertu and other companies that make pointless stuff for certain people to show off while still being functionally on par (or subpar) from other products. A $10 watch won't last as long as a $200 watch, but a $200 watch might very well last as long as a >$10000 watch.

~$4000

~$21900

And other stuff, including pure gold dumb phones. (the one below is still Vertu figures but there are other examples)

Also I actually like the looks that Vertu phone. The Lamborghini one is ridiculous though.

I am just saying I consider this a better equivalent, not about the iPhone, Pixel or any other phonee in particular.

hmmmmmmm not happy with the starting prices

love the "kinda blue" and black&white color schemes tho

but a $200 watch might very well last as long as a >$10000 watch.
Objectively incorrect. That is unless the expensive watch is one of the low quality jewel-covered watches that are only bought by the kind of people that inherited a fortune as a kid.

Luxury watches such as a rolex, iwc etc. will keep ticking (ridiculously accurately, might I add) for a very long time and if properly maintained will outlive the owner. And that's even if it's regularly used. Try get that kind of functionality and design from a $200 watch.

seiko, orient, & citizen watches around the $200 price range are enough for me. they just gonna get banged up and scratched whenever they're worn all day anyways

the lightning port has better sound quality than the 3.55mm jack.
Objectively wrong, the input-output chain is identical on a phone without a headphone jack to one that does, assuming you use a dongle.

best things about the headphone jack, you dont have to loving charge your headphones (unless they're sound cancelling or something), connecting them with the phone takes like 1-2 seconds every time, and if the cable is short enough, can act as a lanyard to help your phone in case of a drop

you dont have to loving charge your headphones (unless they're sound cancelling or something)

Is this really an issue? With tech going more and more wireless, everything is going to need to be charged. Also its really not loving hard to charge your stuff at night like your phone.

connecting them with the phone takes like 1-2 seconds every time

Oof, man I wish I had that 1 second back in my life that it took to connect to my phone.

and if the cable is short enough, can act as a lanyard to help your phone in case of a drop

Almost every time I've done this, the stuff pulls straight out from the loving jack anyway. Pretty sure that's how I got a tiny crack on my phone. The only times that has actually saved me is if I'm already sitting down and the phone wasn't falling fast.

Do people even know why they want to remove the headphone jack?

It actually makes a lot of sense for a couple reasons, even if it is a bit annoying.

Do people even know why they want to remove the headphone jack?

It actually makes a lot of sense for a couple reasons, even if it is a bit annoying.
^^^^^
businesses can only make money on bad decisions, of course
its not like they just upped and decided to remove it one day just as a "screw you"

Without the headphone jack you can waterproof the phone and expand more technology inside the phone. While I will miss the headphone jack (and I do hate the fact that it's being removed on newer phones more and more), it opens more doors for technology.

i mean, honestly, at the very least an adapter is included in the box. it's just a bit annoying to have to carry around the dongle and all that (plus charging and listening at the same time can be an issue).