►►►Port Forwarding: How to host an internet game

Author Topic: ►►►Port Forwarding: How to host an internet game  (Read 50004 times)

I'm looking for the port opening page thing.

Here is a list of the problems:
1)I cannot find my DNS Number.
2)I go to Advanced Settings and I can't find anything to configure my Port Forwarding.

Questions I what to ask:
1)Is DNS stand for "Domain Name Server"?

Sorry for double post

um It gives me a "401 bad request"  when I try to get on my router.

um It gives me a "401 bad request"  when I try to get on my router.
wrong I.D. or pass

and advance configuration dosn't always have port fowarding stuff

and someone help me out, i port foward but still come out dead

Does anyone know how to Port Forward with Bell?

i don't want to help you not that i hate you but i havn't even port foward my computer yet

Does it matter that i have two computers that have internet access and both could be port fowarded but id seems it dosn't work for me.

ok
heres what happens
1.( i open up internet explorer & type in 192.168.1.1
    then this web page comes up and it said "wirespeed data gateway"
     and thats all that happens )

Plzzzzz help me!!!! :[

did you let it load?

i don't want to help you not that i hate you but i havn't even port foward my computer yet

Does it matter that i have two computers that have internet access and both could be port fowarded but id seems it dosn't work for me.
and i need halp with this one

did you let it load?

and i need halp with this one
bump

nvm, im able to host now

woot, join the classical server from RTB

Go To Space - Shocklink

why are you port forwrding i just got my uncul hes a computer expert and he says dont do it coz.... it makes your hole computer onpen to evry 1 so you host like the world!!! dont do it it real bad so yer sorry if ya get angry but now trust meh!!! :panda:

No it dosn't, it just lets 1 computer have a connection to your computer. Even an idiot can figure that out. All you have to do is see if the IP address(s) your forwarding to are just one or many. In this case 1

Problem: How do I host an internet game?
Problem: I'm trying to host a game but no one joins/ my game doesnt show up in the list

Solution: If you have cable or DSL, you probably need to forward your ports.  I have created a tutorial on how to do this here: http://blockland.us/portForward/
iv done that but it still is ded

Mine only allows me to choose TCP or UPD, not both.

Badspot

• Administrator
Mine only allows me to choose TCP or UPD, not both.
UDP