Author Topic: use of ad.fly for addons  (Read 6995 times)

I personally think simply putting up a donate link like Greek does would be better than using adfly - you're not pissing anyone off because omg ads!!!, and those that willingly want to support you a little bit will do so.

Plus:
To put it another way, if every single active user currently playing Blockland went through the adfly link, you'd earn, what, $30?
Really even less.

Can kinda relate this to music as well, I offer my stuff up both for free or if you want to donate a bit. Both add-on creation and creating music has a similar amount of effort needed, I feel.

(Is adfly considered a referral link now?)

Some sites you can get from only 1000 views. Ad.fly is stupid.

On the other hand, Ephi, you're the absolute last person that should be talking about monetizing a value-add for Blockland. By your narrow definition, your thread about the RTB hosting service breaks the rules about no advertising.
You created it, it added value to Blockland, and you ask others to pay for it.  Why should you be more equal than other content creators?
Servers inherently cost money. Code does not.

TBH I always have Ad-block enabled (since I'm a prick) so Ad.fly is just 5 seconds of wasted time by me.

would the forums be okay with that? It earns money and you only have to wait for 5 seconds.

I believe it's $5 for every 10,000 people to visit the page?
forget NO

If you guys don't like the rules here, make your own forum.
Same thing happened in minecraft as it started to get popular.