Author Topic: Is Alienware a joke?  (Read 2441 times)

Any pre-built gaming PC is overpriced and not worth getting. That goes double for Alienware.

Any pre-built gaming PC is overpriced and not worth getting. That goes double for Alienware.
Hey people got to make money somehow.
Honestly it's probably a good market to get into

Overpriced as hell
if its the same type I'm thinking of 80% of that price comes from the stupid colored lights which aren't necessary at all.

Yeah but building a gaming PC is unconvient as hell for someone who doesn't like messing with technology parts. They'll only see it as a nuisance, they're better of just doing some research and knowing which ones offer the best price to parts ratio.

Yeah but building a gaming PC is unconvient as hell for someone who doesn't like messing with technology parts. They'll only see it as a nuisance, they're better of just doing some research and knowing which ones offer the best price to parts ratio.
yeah that's why my dad got a prebuilt rig from origin. he may be an electrical engineer who deals with computers all the time but he always found building computers to be a hassle (also he thought that the color changing lights that origin offered to be pretty nifty so)

Building a PC is like building with legos. It's not really that complicated if you watch a couple of YouTube videos and read about it.

Building a PC is like building with legos. It's not really that complicated if you watch a couple of YouTube videos and read about it.
some people would still prefer to not deal with it and just get straight into setting up the software for it

If I wanted a water cooled PC (which I do), I'd rather have someone else build it and get super extendo warranties on it than build it myself.

the word gaming has ruined all sorts of pc marketing

the desktops have great hardware
No they don't lol
They are INSANELY overpriced
I did some research of my own a while ago
I went to customize a beastly computer through them; got a final price of over $4k.
I then went to newegg, and added the same parts, to see how much it would cost to build the same exact computer myself. The price was somewhere in the $2ks

Seriously that's ridiculous as forget. You could buy the parts yourself, and pay for a college course on computer building (which is extremely unnecessary because it's really easy), and still have spent less then if you were to buy the same thing through Alienware
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:12:25 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

alienware is to pc gaming as hummers are to owning a cool car. sure the hardware is there. but its still handicapped lol.

I think we've answered the question. Alienware is a loving joke.

I use an Alienware 14

It works perfectly. Ive never had any issues with it regarding overheating or slow performance.
Sure theres the occasional crash or unresponsiveness but all in all it was a pretty good buy for me.

However they are overpriced.

i went on the website and looked on the desktops and getting a mouse/keyboard with it is loving OPTIONAL
double for the laptops, they're gaming computers that don't come with mice

real gamers buy mice and keyboards as custom accessories.
in fact i wouldnt even trust stuff thats included