Author Topic: I need to get in shape.  (Read 4073 times)

Victor emerges from lurking to request help from BLF, I've recently decided to start getting into shape, but I have no idea where to start besides cutting out snacking and soda. I want to burn my gut that I have and look actually attractive, anyone have tips?

Eat fruits and vegetables

Try not to eat many carbohidrates (?)

procrastination is a good excersice

If you're like 14-19 years old that's all you need to do other than simple exercises, like daily pushups/situps and a jog every now and then.

Besides being overweight what is your current fitness level? Do you do anything physical or have easy access to a gym?

Eat fruits and vegetables

Try not to eat many carbohidrates (?)

Regularly exercise, sit ups, pull ups, and push ups are good. Lift weights for a bit every day or two, but don't lift too heavy of a weight in the beginning, that won't do good. Always work yourself up on the weight of your tools you'll be using. Also run every day, run around the block and do a bit more every day. That will build up your leg muscles.

I'm so skinny that my xiphoid process (the bone that sits at the end of the sternum on the ribcage) is actually visible through my skin.

Besides being overweight what is your current fitness level? Do you do anything physical or have easy access to a gym?
I have no access to a gym and the most physical thing I do everyday is walking from class to class.

I have no access to a gym and the most physical thing I do everyday is walking from class to class.
Than go outside and run. Also how do you not have acces to a gym?

Than go outside and run. Also how do you not have acces to a gym?
No car, no Gym/free period during school, parents are too stingy with their gas to drive me anywhere besides somewhere required.

ayyy

try doing some home cardio exercises along with eliminating foods that have little nutritional value. (and don't forget not to eat more than you need to. that's pretty detrimental to the process of losing weight lol)

if you can develop good self-discipline, this will be a relatively easy lifestyle shift

like seriously, pretty much everything you need to get healthier is already built in your body. You just have to take advantage of it.

Also how do you not have acces to a gym?
what kind of question is this? do you think there are free gyms on every street corner?

gyms usually also cost money

No car, no Gym/free period during school, parents are too stingy with their gas to drive me anywhere besides somewhere required.
You can try to use the school gym after classes? That's what I did in high school and took the late bus home during stuffty weather or just walked home when it was nice.

what kind of question is this? do you think there are free gyms on every street corner?
If his school has anything resembling a sports team then they have a gym.

You can try to use the school gym after classes? That's what I did in high school and took the late bus home during stuffty weather or just walked home when it was nice.
  I could see if they'd let me do that, not really thought about that idea.

Than go outside and run.

I have a gym not even 500m from here I got every wednesday and sunday. SO I CAN BEAT UP THE LITTLE stuffS HERE
Free? no.
Arround the street corner? yes.