Author Topic: Pointe Du Hoc v1  (Read 3102 times)

Needs more Saving Private Ryan.

Needs more Saving Private Ryan.
Be more specific, and that was a different beach, for your information.

The bunkers are set too far back and the beach is too short, so the defenders get no environmental advantage.
Apart from the 30m high cliff.

Apart from the 30m high cliff.
This.
The 2nd Rangers slowly climb the cliff as people on the edge shoot down. As soon as the Americans make it to the top they are cut down by machine gun fire from the bunkers.
So it's a pretty good defensive advantage.

It is fair, and balanced out if you work as a team, IMO

Be more specific, and that was a different beach, for your information.
it was undetectable sarcasm

Look at this video, at 2:30
You did know they only showed a small section of the beach since he vantage point was from a guy climbing the middle of the cliff, right?

Also the start of the video, when the whole of the beach was laid out in front of the boat, its kinda obvious that that section is much larger than you built it here.

However let's not get into a hissy fight; your scaling is fine due to the usage of the terrain. Just isn't realistic to me.

You did know they only showed a small section of the beach since he vantage point was from a guy climbing the middle of the cliff, right?

Also the start of the video, when the whole of the beach was laid out in front of the boat, its kinda obvious that that section is much larger than you built it here.

However let's not get into a hissy fight; your scaling is fine due to the usage of the terrain. Just isn't realistic to me.
There was another part to the video that wasn't the guy climbing, I forgot where.

Terrain isnt half bad but the beachhead is tiny tbh.

Pepsi try to make a full scale version of the map now >:D
Once he find time to squeeze it in with his current schedule...

I don't like the beach terrain, but the top bunkers and stuff are AWESOME.

Pepsi try to make a full scale version of the map now >:D
Do I hear a community project?

The sand on the beach looks like it's on a grid.