Author Topic: The Computer Megathread  (Read 406088 times)

Irrelevant, every time a bluescreen occurs it's better to know a solution than to be sorry you didn't look one up.

Irrelevant, every time a bluescreen occurs it's better to know a solution than to be sorry you didn't look one up.
it's most likely something i cant solve (laptop drivers)

solutions are non existant apart from the high chance of not happening again.

i don't need a bsod to know that the wireless card and webcam drivers can be faulty sometimes.

if turning off my webcam on tinychat causes a BAD_POOL_HEADER im pretty sure its safe to say its the drivers.
i was also constantly bashing the refresh server page button on gmod if that causes a problem.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 10:31:58 PM by Trymos »

I'm having a lot of trouble with Ubuntu right now. The drivers are hardly compatible and Ubuntu encounters a system error way too often. I'm thinking about installing Mint 14 with MATE, is this a good distro or should I go with something else? I'm very well oriented with Linux, I just haven't really explored the other distros.

I'm having a lot of trouble with Ubuntu right now. The drivers are hardly compatible and Ubuntu encounters a system error way too often. I'm thinking about installing Mint 14 with MATE, is this a good distro or should I go with something else? I'm very well oriented with Linux, I just haven't really explored the other distros.
what hardware are you running it on?

I think Mack got that case in white, I think it looks pretty good in that color but in red and black I don't like it. That photo isn't flattering so...

... thats better.

my friend has it in black
and oh man it's really awesome
it looks pretty nice (not INCREDIBLE, but damn it has some nice design)
jesus christ the fan control is fantastic
and it's also really roomy

Yeah this is a favored case, pretty popular.

I wanted something that has more shape than just the normal box design, i like all the curves on it, and it has a small window which i've always wanted! Can;t help feeling i want something a little bit more original though.

I wanted something that has more shape than just the normal box design, i like all the curves on it, and it has a small window which i've always wanted! Can;t help feeling i want something a little bit more original though.

Well you picked a quality case then. I wouldn't worry about being "original" because the best cases always attract lots of attention. You aren't going to find a beautiful, premium case that is under-marketed ever.

For my mini-itx gaming machine that I've currently got most of the parts for, I've got this case sitting in my room...

Mac Pro-esk. One of the biggest, and most flexible, mini-itx cases available. I absolutely love eeet, knew I was going to buy one immediately after seeing it. Though its not to everyone's taste.

I'm much more subtle in my approach to computer cases. I like steel, mesh, and / or brushed metal. I'm very demanding about the look of logos and I prefer no windows or LEDs.

oo000
that's a nice case. looks a bit small.
and aw, I do like windows/LEDs if they're placed well

I kept it within the stated budget, and literally looked up the performance of everything around that price
that is the best you're getting for the subtotal
budget was 300-400, not just 300. I've found better parts on pricewatch.

If i was building a mini itx computer, i would choose that case, no doubt about it.

oo000
that's a nice case. looks a bit small.
and aw, I do like windows/LEDs if they're placed well

Yeah its littler than typical gaming towers, its inbetween mini-itx sized cases (those tiny box computers you find at cafes) and a full sized ATX case. ITs ATX's little brother. c;

Usually mini-itx mobos are really underpowered but I've picked one of the few high end mobos Asus makes for powerful mini-itx machines. I tell ye, this is where desktop computers are heading.

The graphics card can be seen through the perforated steel side, and you can notice the faint honeycomb grid behind the mesh. It sucks in air at the front using a fan.

Its brilliant because it has room for several hard drives which you just "snap" in place without screws. Or you can remove half of the hard drive bays to fit in cooling or a bigger graphics card.

I absolutely love mini-itx, my mobo is 17x17cm and it looks adorable.  :cookieMonster:

If i was building a mini itx computer, i would choose that case, no doubt about it.

This case comes in white as well (and strawberry pink and orange according to the site). Its called the Bitfenix Prodigy mini-itx case if you're interested, its the best case you could want for a gaming mini-itx in terms of what you can do with it... often recommended as a good case for a LAN party desktop.