Author Topic: Blockland Glass Mod Manager [Released!]  (Read 34753 times)

The other night I was thinking about how easy it would be to write a nightly build program - this would be a perfect application for that.
Honestly, it could probably just be a default feature and be based off of git. I was planning on just writing a personal little script to do it, but now that I think about it, it would be a nifty feature to have.

Maybe just completely remove the file if they press delete a second time or something.

edit: Also, it says that Gamemode_Slayer.zip already exists, but it doesn't appear in my Files list.
Yeah, it's checking the hash of the file. I'm going to roll back that change until I have a better way to check and handle duplicate files in the system. Right now, even if the file data has been deleted from the database, the file is still there.

EDIT: Done.

So, for anyone extremely curious, the version of the in-game add-on on GitHub right now is capable of very roughly browsing and downloading files.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 10:35:27 PM by Scout31 »

What's the github link? I can't seem to find it

I haven't made a post or played Blockland in over a year but I've always loved the game and hope to start playing again one day. I really hope this takes off!

Basically the main reason I'm posting is to say, GOOD JOB. The work you, Greek2me and the other people involved looks great! Keep it up!

Thanks!

I would like to suggest putting all of the RTB archived add-ons into the regular places with a special icon. People (or a bot) can be assigned to properly place descriptions from someone's live RTB site archive.

And then people can 'claim' ownership or, with permission from the owner, become caretakers. Add-ons unclaimed will be assigned willing and trusted caretakers so they can fix up any bugs. Caretakers shouldn't be allowed to add any features without an owner's absolute discretion.

I haven't made a post or played Blockland in over a year but I've always loved the game and hope to start playing again one day. I really hope this takes off!

Basically the main reason I'm posting is to say, GOOD JOB. The work you, Greek2me and the other people involved looks great! Keep it up!

Thanks!
Thank you very much!

I would like to suggest putting all of the RTB archived add-ons into the regular places with a special icon. People (or a bot) can be assigned to properly place descriptions from someone's live RTB site archive.

And then people can 'claim' ownership or, with permission from the owner, become caretakers. Add-ons unclaimed will be assigned willing and trusted caretakers so they can fix up any bugs. Caretakers shouldn't be allowed to add any features without an owner's absolute discretion.
I believe part of the problem with why I didn't do this originally was the fact that categories weren't saved in the RTB info files.

I'm planning on doing pretty much what you said for inheriting ownership.

A little progress update
So, all of these are about half done. I just wanted to show what I've been up to the past couple of days.

This here just got pushed to GitHub, it's fresh off the press. Yes, I realize the gap, I'm planning on filling it. It's another way to enable/disable add-ons, and I'll probably include groups and what-not.

The GUI design is, by far, NOT final. It's a bunch of rectangles that I threw together to test concepts.

I'm working on Reviewer applications. The approval system is finished. The declining system is not. The application is not.

Anyone currently running Blockland with a modern version of Glass installed shows up now!

Nice!

By the way I like the way these categories are structured: http://blocklandrevised.com/mods/
It might make things more straightforward to have yours be the same.

I was considering that, I'll transition over at some point.

Would it be more appropriate to make a topic for development in Modification Discussion?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:34:51 PM by Greek2me »

All future add-on development talk will take place in it's own topic. I'll save this for general service updates and big releases.

We should be able to quote other posts / delete / edit our own posts

EDIT: My add-on seems to be non-existant after I uploaded it.
http://blocklandglass.com/addon.php?id=54
I picked the development branch, by the way.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 11:48:30 AM by RTBARCHIVE »

Fixed. It didn't like having a non-stable branch.

Screenshots! I'm working on a way to enlarge them currently, but you can now upload them. Go to "My Add-Ons" on the site and there'll be a new button.

Only PNG and JPEGs allowed.

Screenshots! I'm working on a way to enlarge them currently, but you can now upload them. Go to "My Add-Ons" on the site and there'll be a new button.

Only PNG and JPEGs allowed.

make it so we can enlarge them