Author Topic: Going back to full time public school  (Read 2435 times)

First time since 2nd grade. I'd still rather be homeschooled, but I'm getting too advanced for classes I take (not public classes). Let's hope I don't act like I used to, that got me removed from public school systems in the first place. I'll be entering my senior year and hope to graduate in December.

What could you have done in second grade to warrant leaving public school for 10 years

What could you have done in second grade to warrant leaving public school for 10 years
That's what I want to know.
Hopefully stuff isn't super hard and stuff.

too advanced for homeschool classes?

I hate public school. It makes me act like a handicap.

I hate public school. It makes me act like a handicap.
yes thats it :cookieMonster:

i went to a public school pre-k through first grade, wasnt that bad from what i remember

I was really bizarre in my early years.

Preschool: I threw chairs across the room.

Kindergarten: I spit on kids (parents got flamed for it), drew disturbing pictures in my journal, crawled under the lunch tables and started hitting the principal's legs, had to be seperate from the other kids due to bad social interactions (touching their work, taking their things, etc)

1st grade: Removed from school for a taste of homeschooling

2nd grade: Moved out of state and went to a new school. Flipped birdies in front of the teacher when I saw other kids do it, apparently swore (I honestly don't remember that though), my parents probably helped through my schoolwork more than I did cause I didn't do homework or listen in class, harassed kids by copying them, etc

So yeah...

I think I've grown out of it now  :iceCream:

You had homework in 2nd grade?

I had homework in preschool.

Is that not a thing in other places? I've had homework all my life in school. It's insane during kindergarten because theres so much to do, but it levels out around 3rd grade.

Notable projects I remember were building a self-cleaning rabbit cage (parents mostly did it) and build an old model train (annnd I built an Amtrak, there's old trains for you)

I never had homework up until highshchool, and even then I only did it for the first year.
I went to a hippy primary school where we barely did any work and would just play around a lot of the time, which I think is better than paying thousands for an uptight primary school where 6 year olds are in uniforms and have to do homework which they wont even remember and doesn't make any difference in their later years, without having time to play around and be kids.
That sort of stuff has always confused me a lot, money wasted I say.

This might sound like a dumb question but, how do you go to school at home? Is it like if your parents are teachers and you live in a school or something?

~Thinker, thinking every day

This might sound like a dumb question but, how do you go to school at home? Is it like if your parents are teachers and you live in a school or something?

~Thinker, thinking every day
are you sure you're "thinking"