Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1237476 times)

: He asked, starfish!

This bitch! The one that got decked across the face with Guerra's magazine! loving stuff, no wonder why he did it!

For a moment I seriously thought about giving this broad a facelift of my own, right up until I realized I almost completely forgot about the... carrier? One of ours? I vaguely remember hearing of Aesthian flying carriers before, but what's this one doing here?

Also: Updated paragraph 3 of NAUC lore.
For those who didn't/don't want to look
Aesthians themselves are a boisterous, and tetchy bunch, prone to brawling and resorting to violence over percieved slights.

"Drop the insults!" I yell, wondering how the technician heard me, or if she's just really good at lip reading. I'm still in awe at the gigantic air carrier, having never heard of them before.
"Holy stuff! How does that thing stay airborne?"

"Holy stuff! How does that thing stay airborne?"
: Fusion reactors. Anti-gravity. Techno-sorcery. Gestalt psychic fields that make it work because the crew thinks it works. Take your pick.

Having felt the rumbling and hearing the noise resembling a huge loving aircraft lumbering through the air, I stumbled outdoors and onto the tarmac to see that the bitchy technician, and a good chunk of Mjolnir, are spectating it as well. As I walk closer, I hear the techie yelling at someone in Mjolnir's group: 'He asked, starfish!'

I join the group, although for now I resist the urge to reopen the fractures in her nose.

You all reach a spot where you can clearly see the massive airship. It appears to be turning around and taxiing towards the airbase now. From where you are, you can see it has a pair of flight decks mounted in the front, one on top of the other.
: It's got two flight decks, and is capable of carrying up to forty planes and twenty Gungnir ballistic missiles. Each of those fusion engines you see there is capable of putting out over a thousand tons of thrust! Your own people back home may complain about how much is spent on the military, but I think it's incredible what you nutcases come up with.

"Holy stuff" is all I'm able to get out of my mouth at this point, still gawking at the gigantic plane taxiing towards McNamara.

I don't want to be Mr. "Stop using aircraft the people running the thread don't designate specifically" but stop using aircraft the people running the thread don't designate specifically. There's absolutely nothing wrong with just saying "It's a big helicopter with a crane on the bottom" or "It's an armored fighting vehicle" or whatever. It's unnecessary and honestly, kind of annoying that you choose to designate specifics when neither Qwepir or I do.

I was only trying to add more detail to Cassius' descriptions. I did go through the list of aircraft and see which countries were associated with what manufacturers. NAUC had a lot of Russian aircraft, so I tried to make his description more canon by using a Russian helicopter. Same goes for Mercana, they use a lot of American manufacturers so I though it would only be fitting to use a helicopter that is also from an American manufacturer, such as Sikorsky in this case.

I'll stop though.

My concentration is shattered by a roar. I briefly dismiss it as some starfish being a richard and buzzing the tower, but I keep listening. Those aren't jet engines, and whatever it is, is loud as forget. I climb off the wing and look outside. I can't make out what it is, but it looks loving huge. The other squadron hanger is open. A bunch of pilots and a technician are outside, looking at something in the sky.

"Hey guys, what the forget was that?!" I yell.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 05:45:23 AM by Mr. Hurricane »

I barely hear a voice over the roar of the engines.
"Hey guys, what the forget was that?"
I yell out, "It's a NAUC air carrier, apparently!"

Two more (relatively) smaller giant flying wings land in the same flat area as the carrier did. It looks like NAUC is bringing part of their aerial fleet into port.

broken-nose-lady nudges Steele on the shoulder to get his attention to show off more of her military knowledge.
: Air cruisers! Summoner-class! Eight AA cannon emplacements, six SAMs, two artillery batteries, and a COMRO with the materials to make enough bombs to level Vedia!

She suddenly loses her usual smug demeanor as she realizes the implications of what's happening.
: ...We aren't actually fully equipped and staffed to tend to these. If- if they're landing here, that must mean the base they usually make port at must have been wiped out. What if- oh god, what if whoever tried to wipe out those ships followed them to here? We could be next on the chopping block!

The technician begins running indoors. Surely enough, as one of the cruisers taxis up next to the carrier, you can see the sparking outline of a rather large hull breach.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:05:09 PM by Qwepir »

"Oh god."
I'm half inclined to follow her but I'm still stuck staring in awe at the sheer size of the things.

She comes back and grabs Steele's arm and tries pulling him along.
: Take me to your commanding officer, I need to ask him what the hell is going on.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:15:15 PM by Qwepir »

"loving God!" I yell.

My eyes finally adjust. I can see sparks coming from the breaches. I've never seen these things like this before.

I step back. The engine noise is deafening. I'm horribly confused.

is broken nose bitch an asethian technican
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:29:25 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

I mean, does she look like one?
[img width=30]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80100863/forumrpstuff/KTnosebitch.png[/img]