57 (45.6%)
No,  and I currently use a hosting service
5 (4%)
No, and I currently do not use a hosting service
22 (17.6%)
I don't host
30 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Author Topic: Glass Hosting Development  (Read 20167 times)

Okay, so it would be smart to do a large scale for one Speedkart server with default of 20 players?
You misunderstand.
Clients as in customers if I'm not mistaken, not connections.

Large scale won't be possible until there are enough total clients. I'd say like, 20 minimum would be needed to get large scale started.

I'm extremely impressed with the server, I get ~20 less ping on it than I was getting before too.

Thank you guys for answers.

You misunderstand.
Clients as in customers if I'm not mistaken, not connections.
So like how many total players can play?

Whaa?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:49:12 PM by Meta_KnightX »

Whaa?

Large scale is only available if demand is high, to put it bluntly.

I think you'll be able to get 20 players in a server, albeit I have no information to back this up.

Whaa?
they're theoretical prices.

if he ends up starting off the service with enough waiting customers, it would be worthwhile to purchase a large scale server (not blockland server, hosting service) to provide a platform to host blockland servers, resulting in a cheaper overall price.
Large scale is only available if demand is high, to put it bluntly.
basically this

if not, it would be more worthwhile to start off by purchasing individual VPSs (small scale servers) to host on, resulting in a higher price.

Whaa?
The more people that get their own server, the more cost he can cut off and the prices get lower.

I'm looking in to DLL injection and how to make that possible and to what degree that's feasible. I've experimented around a bit but there's been a lot of crashing. I'm not very educated on the subject which is large part of the issue, but I plan on looking in to it and will hopefully have that available as an option soon.

You should use this: https://github.com/portify/BlocklandLoader

I don't know if it works on linux servers though.

i tried auto injecting dlls into linux servers before and i was trapped in virtual studio dll requirement hell

BlocklandLoader is what is currently being used for my Glass server and it appears to be functioning fine.

then i guess scout did the injecting correct then

If anyone is interested in stress-testing, hop on Crown's Jailbreak, it's now open and is being hosted by Glass Hosting.

Most systems are in a workable state and I'm fairly happy with them. I still need some improvements with user-friendliness and none of the site pages have any design on them still, but we're still on track.

You should use this: https://github.com/portify/BlocklandLoader

I don't know if it works on linux servers though.
Yep, that's what I'm using and it seems to work fine. Some minor issues with file discovery, but that's more of a wine/linux issue than anything.

I think you'll be able to get 20 players in a server, albeit I have no information to back this up.
Just for some comparison, I believe Crown's server is a pretty good benchmark as it's often the most popular and has a fairly large amount of stuff going on. His server idles around 20% CPU when empty (which is 40% of his share) and I believe around 30% of his allotted RAM. Right now, with 20 players online, CPU usage is only up to 25.1% (50.2% of his allotted amount) and is using 48.8% of his allotted RAM. Following that math, he has enough CPU to have ~120 players and enough RAM to have ~75 players.

edit: I doubt anyone will ever need this, but fully private nodes will be available on request, allowing those estimates to be doubled, which is beyond Blockland's capacity afaik.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 05:19:03 PM by Scout31 »

then i guess scout did the injecting correct then
did you compile your DLLs with debug instead of release? the debug versions of msvcp120/msvcr120 don't work on wine at all
install winetricks and get most of the visual studio c++ redistributables
you should have it working then

Mobile friendly

Work in progress design, still

Mobile friendly
Work in progress design, still[/center]
excellent work on the material design layout! looks awesome.