Author Topic: apparently the blockland trademark is dead and can be bought?  (Read 2820 times)

(courtesy of trademarkia)

i don't know much about trademarks or anything for that matter, but i guess it can be bought and registered again?

Someone get Freek.
We all know he has the $10

if someone buys this, badspot can probably sue
just saying

if someone buys this, badspot can probably sue
just saying

wouldn't that be his fault for not renewing it though?

wouldn't that be his fault for not renewing it though?
actually im not sure

i will buy this so damn fast once i understand trademarks and i know badspot wont sue me

thing is you can buy it but it doesnt mean that you can just use the name - the game is still under copyright. iirc owning the trademark doesnt mean that much unless the company/product it was used for is also dead as wel

thing is you can buy it but it doesnt mean that you can just use the name - the game is still under copyright. iirc owning the trademark doesnt mean that much unless the company/product it was used for is also dead as wel
i don't want to use it for anything. i just want to own a piece of blockland

own a piece of blockland and hold it close to you while you sleep at night

i don't want to use it for anything. i just want to own a piece of blockland
you already do. it's called the game

basically
http://www.yospinlaw.com/2015/05/18/can_i_register_or_use_a_dead_trademark/

if badspot stopped selling the game then you could use it for another game
but otherwise, it would be in your best interests to not use it for anything that could cause any confusion

i'd buy it and sell it back to badspot with interest

lets pool our money together and get it for gsf ghost's game