Author Topic: Need a Good, Free/Cheap RTS  (Read 723 times)

I dig out my old Command and Conquer 95 and Starcraft 1 discs, and now I hunger for more.

What do you recommend?  I have integrated graphics so I can run anything from a Source mod and below.  The chip is nVidia Geforce 6150 se.  (I'm getting a better one soon, Radeon HD 4670.)

I enjoyed SC2, but that might be a little graphics heavy for you.

total annihilation: spring

Empires Dawn of the Modern World, it's an older RTS game, made in 2003. It's not free but it's probably quite cheap for being so old. It would definitely run on almost any machine, and it stills looks pretty good for being so old. Sadly it doesn't have any online multiplayer since they shut down the Gamespy server a few years back, but you can still play with friends but they would have to connect to you through your IP.

I enjoyed SC2, but that might be a little graphics heavy for you.
I can run it at a barely playable rate.

C&C Red Alert and Tiberian Sun.

oh yeah for what it's worth
Star Wars: Empire at War is the stuff
<3 that game

Blah blah blah total annihilation: spring blah blah blah

http://springrts.com/

It's almost summer, which means the blocklander Spring season will be starting up shortly.
Probably.

If you have more money to waste, pick up either Supreme Commander or Supreme Commander II.
SCII you can pick up on steam, SCI is a little harder to find but definitely more worth it. Both of which should be no problem graphically.

I cannot recommend these games highly enough.

Blah blah blah total annihilation: spring blah blah blah

http://springrts.com/

It's almost summer, which means the blocklander Spring season will be starting up shortly.
Probably.

If you have more money to waste, pick up either Supreme Commander or Supreme Commander II.
SCII you can pick up on steam, SCI is a little harder to find but definitely more worth it. Both of which should be no problem graphically.

I cannot recommend these games highly enough.

Hit me up on steam when it starts up again.