Author Topic: Where can I buy a functional, historical replica Musket/Rifle at?  (Read 1940 times)

I want one so I can show it off at school
I'm wanting to collect historical guns but I don't know where to buy one
Are there any companies that make functional, historical guns these days?
Link would be appreciated.
And yes, I'm aware it would cost a lot of money.

Update: French 1717 Grenadiers Musket sold out, buying French Matchlock
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:51:57 PM by Regirock »

1700s antique rifles are way too expensive, you're better off buying a replica

There are no official well-known businesses that sell legitimate antiques, you'll have to look for specific antique dealers

Pietta is your best bet for replicas
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 07:37:45 PM by Path »

1700s antique rifles are way too expensive, you're better off buying a replica

There are no official well-known businesses that sell legitimate antiques, you'll have to look for specific antique dealers

Pietta is your best bet for replicas

Are there any companies that make functional, historical guns these days?

What do you mean these days

Pietta is a company that makes replicas of antique guns, and they still make them.

What do you mean these days

Pietta is a company that makes replicas of antique guns, and they still make them.

my point is that you thought he was talking about buying an actual 200-300 year old gun despite him saying

"are there any companies that make functional historical guns these days"

99% of antique guns are put on display in museums or are owned by private collectors. The prices of said antiques range from 25,000 - 100,000 USD depending on their rarity. I'm pretty sure that it's not a worthy investment no matter how you look at it.

The current companies that produce guns only produce replicas, and those can be priced from 25 - 300 USD, those are your best bet. As I said before, Pietta sells some of them, and you can find replicas on various parts of the Internet.

99% of antique guns are put on display in museums or are owned by private collectors. The prices of said antiques range from 25,000 - 100,000 USD depending on their rarity. I'm pretty sure that it's not a worthy investment no matter how you look at it.

The current companies that produce guns only produce replicas, and those can be priced from 25 - 300 USD, those are your best bet. As I said before, Pietta sells some of them, and you can find replicas on various parts of the Internet.

this HAS to be bait

what the hell do you think i'm trying to say

12$ meet me at my house...

Let me explain this in your language called "stupid"

Are there any gun companies that make gun replicas anymore, and are the replicas affordable.

Why do you need a functioning one, you gonna shoot up the French Capitol or something?

Why is everyone literally stuffting on me for attempting to help out? I've mentioned Pietta about four of five times already and none of you are satisfied yet?

Let me explain this in your language called "stupid"
Are you directing that at me?

Are there any gun companies that make gun replicas anymore, and are the replicas affordable.
Pietta
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 10:44:35 PM by Path »

http://www.rockislandauction.com/
Good luck
http://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/1026/lid/296
It took me like 5 minuets to find one.
Edit:
Why is everyone literally stuffting on me for attempting to help out? I've mentioned Pietta about four of five times already and none of you are satisfied yet?
Your not you are telling me that it would cost a lot for a gun back then but in fact its cheap as hell for old ass gun.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 10:44:53 PM by Shy_Guy »

he wants a functioning replica, not some toy gun thing for 10 usd

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/list/Item.aspx/489/1 maybe

Why is everyone literally stuffting on me 1

for attempting to help out? I've mentioned Pietta about four of five times already and none of you are satisfied yet? 2

1: figuratively

2: in all of your previous posts in this thread you seem to have thought that he wants a genuine musket even though in reality he knows that's out of the question and he makes that clear in the op