Author Topic: forget you, Smitfraud.  (Read 5611 times)

I recently had one of those really disturbing viruses.
Here's what Spybot has to say.
This program installs itself through the internet and creates new desktop wallpaper. This wallpaper looks like a Windows 98 blue screen and contains a warning that the computer is infected with viruses, that one should download run a virus scanner and that the computer wouldn't work in normal mode. In addition to this one gets a desktop icon leading to a pretended anti virus application named PSGuard. Scanning the computer with this software will return a virus found (that was installed by this software itself). In order to remove this virus one has to download the full version for about 20 EUR.

Another unpleasant effect of Smitfraud-C. is that some configuration options in the Control Panel will no longer be available. This way it stops the user from changing the wallpaper and forces him to keep the blue screen. Overall Smitfraud-C is a very sneaky software trying to sell PSGuard by frightening less experienced users.

And it kept opening IE up into one of those antivirus scam websites and one Hardocore research one (Luckily, Zonealarm hasn't decided to let IE on the internet or not, so i escaped that!)
Worse yet, it keeps putting  NOT research icons (As Viruses usually would do) on the desktop as it was supposed to do, but infinite amounts of GAY research ones.
I wouldn't dare click any one of the icons.
But luckily, the problem has been solved with Spybot/AVG/CCleaner, damn it was scary.
Anyway, be free to tell your virus stories here aswell.

is aids a virus? cus i think i have the cold

Hey, spybot saved my computer once too.  It was so hopped up on viruses that it would crash before you could get to a site to download anti-virus.  We ended up having to buy anti-virus from the store, and I ended up having to scan a little bit, stop, clear those, then continue just to keep it from crashing...

My old computer is riddled with viruses. Occasionally I'd keep hearing a random radio station through my headset, and let's just say it wasn't a fun radio station. Neither was it English.

omg that sounds like a nasty virus...

Ok,  my virus was...idk what it was called...might not even be a virus...

So i downloaded cursormania. I used it a couple times, and about a week afterward, all of my icons, and my start panel disappeared. there was still ctrl alt del to access programs, but it didn't work for some of them like firefox.  So this kid came over and did some weird technical things with my computer and it worked and cursormania died....just a few days ago, my mom installed funcards or something...it came with cursormania 0.0 Now whenever i look up to bookmarks, i see cursormania, just sitting there, taunting me into clicking it and getting my computer forgeted up again...

Anyways, i have this weird thing with my computer now where it resets itself every time it turns on and i have to reset the time and date, and teh bookmarks don't show.

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

I thought I was being haunted by the sounds of JVS doors on occasion.  Turns out my silly sister had installed aim, and it would play sounds though not visibly active.

So i downloaded cursormania.
NEVER USE IT

it held so many viruses on my comp

I had a virus that, every time you would restart your computer, would delete a bit of data off your hard drive.

It wasn't noticeable until like a few months later, when the computer started crashing a lot, requiring more restarts. We were lucky we had a backup from before it happened.

I've had this, look for "smtfraudfix", it removes all traces of it.

I had a virus that, every time you would restart your computer, would delete a bit of data off your hard drive.

It wasn't noticeable until like a few months later, when the computer started crashing a lot, requiring more restarts. We were lucky we had a backup from before it happened.
Woah, That must have sucked.
Oh yeah, if anybody wants to see it, here's what happened to my PC (Though without the added gay research icons appearing around the desktop)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVcdWWZPi70

is aids a virus? cus i think i have the cold
You are a loving idiot, you get AIDS from love or a reused needle, also, we're talking about computer viruses.

You are a loving idiot, you get HIV from love or an infected needle, also, we're talking about computer viruses.
dumbass AIDS comes when your t cells drop below 200
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:25:47 AM by YTFK »

Go the forget away. You're both loving stupid and loving annoying, oh wait, you're also a furry. You've ticked three boxes! Now leave.

You are loving handicapped.

people are starfishs