Author Topic: A new Halo 5: Guardians trailer just dropped.  (Read 3999 times)

seriously, an hd remake of marathon would be awesome. the plot in marathon is great and arena shooters seem to be in vogue right now.

reach was cool as heck. it had nothing to do with crazy ancient aliens. coincidence???
yeah I really enjoyed reach too

only they do have to be weapons because they were strictly built to kill off the flood's food
that obviously wouldn't be the case if they had been made for a different reason...
or do you want to remove them too because all-consuming alien plagues are also overdone
sure. it's basically more precursors anyway. in fact, it LITERALLY is. evidently, the flood began as the remnants of the forunner race's precursor. so halo actually has double precursors. honestly, I don't even have a problem with the flood in general, but this is absurd. why couldn't it just be a mysterious intergalactic parasite that stumbled upon the milky way

reach was cool as heck. it had nothing to do with crazy ancient aliens. coincidence???
reach was also the worst in the series

sure. it's basically more precursors anyway. in fact, it LITERALLY is. evidently, the flood began as the remnants of the forunner race's precursor. so halo actually has double precursors. honestly, I don't even have a problem with the flood in general, but this is absurd. why couldn't it just be a mysterious intergalactic parasite that stumbled upon the milky way
so your ideal halo game is generic space marines vs generic scary dogmatic aliens, even though both those things are overdone just as much as precursor races

wait so what's wrong with precursors being a thing exactly?

seriously, an hd remake of marathon would be awesome. the plot in marathon is great and arena shooters seem to be in vogue right now.
Only if we a get a starship troopers game based off the novel.

wait so what's wrong with precursors being a thing exactly?
his entire beef with them is that precursors aren't interesting because they're overdone, as if there's anything in halo that isn't done to death

Better than Halo 4, but Warzone looks like a rip-off from Battlefield, but mixed with the MOBA style. Anyways, the campaing looks neat but the concept of a rebel masterchief uhh no, it doesnt fits.
But i guess its useless say that right now, the game is about to be released.

8/10
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 12:10:34 AM by Cookies and Cream »

you'd still be ass at it :^)

his entire beef with them is that precursors aren't interesting because they're overdone, as if there's anything in halo that isn't done to death

it's a game about bad guy aliens wtf

well a large part of the game was you going with halsey to protect the forerunner artifact

the reason i love reach is that it's a really tragic game. you're fighting an unwinnable battle, and each time there's a victory in that game it's immediately followed by the threat growing bigger and making the situation worse for you. the characters start off as faceless marine badasses but by the end of the game you see their human side, which only makes their sacrifices that much more powerful. it's depressing! which i would argue is a pretty surprising thing in a triple a first person shooter

i think reach made up for halo's lackluster story. qwep is right, halo was awesome at world building and atmosphere, but reach is basically just set on earth 2, but watching it crumble underfoot and seeing humanity try to hold on against an unstoppable foe - that's rad.

you'd still be ass at it :^)
forget you mate i'm mge, i'm the same rank as you!

I'm getting it, and I'm going to beat the singleplayer on at least heroic before I decide if the game is good or not.

Halo 5's arena looked pretty good. And I thought the Beta back in January was some of the most fun I've ever had in Halo.