Author Topic: Freejack - The most badass underappreciated game since Jet Set Radio Future.  (Read 2059 times)

Coincidence?: Freejack and JSRF have very similar art styles and JSRF is cited as an inspiration.
Anyway, some info and stuff copy pasted as a basis from the old topics here and here, which are what got me into it. :B

What?

Free Jack is a relatively new game witch is currently in open beta. As per several announcements, the full version is expected to be ready for release sometime before the end of the year or in early 2012. It is an anime style free running game. It is a game of skill, speed, and precision.. You race other players in maps using free running timed techniques. You can even just go to the community and run around a small city. You can have your own home too, which serves as a lobby when you host a game. In the game, your speed will be affected by timing your vaults and otehr moves to get a rating from BAD to PERFECT. The timing with which you perform the move and thus the rating you get affect your speed once you land, either slowing you down or leaving your speed constant. Performing five Perfect moves in a row will grant you the status of Max Booster for several seconds, providing immunity from environmental damage and other players' attacks.

Like pretty much every online game that isn't Blockland, Freejack has an Item Mall. The item mall has clothes, and abilities. The abilities do not really make too big an impact on gameplay, so don't worry about it. It is mostly for looking cool, though the psychological boost tends to help me get psyched when I can admire Nadia's fine ass as I run. There is also a game currency called Jacks, which are awarded to you at the ends of a round according to your performance. A lot of clothes can be permanently bought with that. You can buy things for your house as well.

Where?!
The game can be found at http://freejack.gamerkraft.com/ . There you can find the news feed, download, and forum.

Protips!
  • It'd do you good to make a good decision when choosing your character according to their stats. A list of the core playable characters and their stats can be found here. Do you want to be able to just run fast, or do you want to instead of a bigger window for a good technique? Choose wisely, as this will affect your entire playstyle!
  • When racing, you should keep a good eye on your opponents. You can usually watch them and learn, which is extremely useful.
  • Complete all of the training missions that you can! They are not only of course the fundamentals to the controls, but you can also learn some pretty clever tricks, such as drifting spam, which lets you take advantage of the boost you get after drifting to move quicker than your character normally would.
  • Learn the maps! Just like in real parkour, it's much easier to perform well when you know the route you are taking and can instinctively do the necessary techniques at the right time.
  • First rule of parkour: The fastest route is ALWAYS a straight line! Many stages have alternative routes that offer quick shortcuts, but they'll usually take a little skill and practice to quickly recognize and use well.

Other links?

Official SoundCloud Soundtrack
http://soundcloud.com/gamerkraft/sets/freejack-soundtrack/

Also like JSRF, this game has a REALLY good soundtrack, which can be found right on SoundCloud!

Official Facebook Page
http://www.facebook.com/freejackonline

Besides spreading the game around, you can also find lots of easily accessed news here. Also, there are often free item give aways!

Player List!

Forum Name - FreeJack Name - Character(s)
.::Taboo::. - Kishgal or Taboo -  Nadia and Tina

Discuss, share your in-game info, exchange tips!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:33:55 PM by .::Taboo::. »

s- s- So what y-you are saying i-is it's loving JETSET RADIO I MEAN LOOK AT IT ITS forgetNIG JETSET RADIO THEY DIDNT TAKE INSPIRATION FROM THE GAME THEY JUST TOOK THE GAME I MEAN JESUS ITS JETSET RADIO

Looks like it wants to be JSRF.

s- s- So what y-you are saying i-is it's loving JETSET RADIO I MEAN LOOK AT IT ITS forgetNIG JETSET RADIO THEY DIDNT TAKE INSPIRATION FROM THE GAME THEY JUST TOOK THE GAME I MEAN JESUS ITS JETSET RADIO
Looks like it wants to be JSRF.
Gameplay is completely different, with the most obvious difference being that JSRF is a roller blading game while this is entirely on foot. Also, JSRF is more free roamy game that focuses on tagging, while this game is more linear in stage design and set up for straight forward racing.
However, it is a fact that the full version will include a graffiti mode, which is frankly not very subtle. :B

Are you 200+ pounds?
i'm actually underweight, which may be worse.

lol I used to play this and whenever i beat my friend hed rage balls :p

i actually enjoy this game when i used to play it
might get back into it for the sake of the topic

OK SO WHAT UR SAYING IS THEY TOOK THE ROLLERBLADE MODEL OUT AND MADE IT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE RUNNING REALLY FAST OK IM GOING TO BUY EVERY ITEM GOTYAY

I played this awhile ago
but I got bored

-amazing story ending-

it looks like JSFR with a slightly better engine, but i'v only looked at a few screen shots so i wouldn't know.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:07:57 PM by Maze24 »

i can probably make a gameplay video later, since there don't seem to be many good ones.

i can probably make a gameplay video later, since there don't seem to be many good ones.

Have more people been playing since last year? All I saw then was a bunch of foreigners and almost no lobbys

lol I used to play this and whenever i beat my friend hed rage balls :p

Double post:

My friend was the same way. He thought I was hacking