Poll

How helpful and instructive do you find my tutorial?

Extremely!
145 (78%)
Fairly
29 (15.6%)
Not Very
6 (3.2%)
Not At All
6 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Ostinyo's Mapping Tutorial  (Read 87271 times)

Ostin, you never on BL from what I see. wahy

Ostin, you never on BL from what I see. wahy

I've gotten bored of Blockland lately... it isn't very interesting right now :P That's the main reason I worked on Medieval Castle so much.

How the hell should I?

By changing the heigt slightly... just use excavate or add dirt once and smooth/flatten the terrain again.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 01:50:00 PM by Wesley Williams »

I've gotten bored of Blockland lately... it isn't very interesting right now :P That's the main reason I worked on Medieval Castle so much.

mmmk, can you like, go on later? A. I want to help you and B. It's God Of Death ID:1356 and C. I'm bored with the other people.

mmmk, can you like, go on later? A. I want to help you and B. It's God Of Death ID:1356 and C. I'm bored with the other people.

Ohey Death ;) I'll come on sometime, watch for me.

You can't really help me though... I'm a one man team. :P Although you could help me with showing me how the textures download, but that's all.

hey,how do you make a map not repeat? Like if i wanted to make island(s)

I will write about this. Once you are finished editing the landscape, go to the terrain group and turn off terrain repetition. However, on e terrain repetition is off, you may no longer change the landscape. At the end of the terrain's boundaries (the red box) there will be an edge to the world, and beyond it there will be no landscape. However, water may continue on past the edge, as well as any other objects.

:C I was in the middle of making a map and then my blockland crashes :(

:C I was in the middle of making a map and then my blockland crashes :(

:( Make sure to save all the time! I save like twice a minute ;P

Ohey Death ;) I'll come on sometime, watch for me.

You can't really help me though... I'm a one man team. :P Although you could help me with showing me how the textures download, but that's all.
What about "The hidden map you showed me." From HP. ?

What about "The hidden map you showed me." From HP. ?

I can do it, just not the interior. The forest and lake will be cool though ;)

I can do it, just not the interior. The forest and lake will be cool though ;)
Mmk. So how will people know it is "the actual map"? It'd just be a forest and things.

Mmk. So how will people know it is "the actual map"? It'd just be a forest and things.

More than likely I would release the build with it. I mean come on, all that work for nothing? I can't even host anymore :P

How is this not a sticky, thanks for this, I am going to try and make a map now.

How is this not a sticky, thanks for this, I am going to try and make a map now.

It still lacks some things... I will work to make it completely complete ;)

Good luck on your mapping!