Poll

Well hello there, how are you?

Fine, thank you.
8 (66.7%)
I like how you discreetly edited this poll.
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Althur - Terrain Build [Old topic]  (Read 25713 times)

i'm voting on wooden paths instead of ramped paths
would also work well on cliff sides :D

To apply, fill out the form below.

Name: Kilser
BLID: 13176
Time avaliable: UTC/GMT
Previous work: -Will start making after youtube-
Specialty: More terrain, maybe dungeon work.

Are you ever going to do anything with this, like a TDM or RP or just a public exploration, or are you going to let it sit inside your saves folder for years like the rest of everybody. 

The choice is yours... and yours alone...

Anyway, great job, very dramatic at the start.  I like it, and even though I didn't catch a rating allowed, 13/10

bump for important new poll

Are you ever going to do anything with this, like a TDM or RP or just a public exploration, or are you going to let it sit inside your saves folder for years like the rest of everybody. 

The choice is yours... and yours alone...
See OP FAQ. We will consider.

I'm voting valley. I love working on the cliff but I'd like to see expansion

joxus is mean.
no he's experiencing puberty
he meant to kick you as a joke; said that since you were lagging you'll leave the server anyways.

everybody vote for valley, i wanna make a river :D

edit: conan, we need trees like this in the valley, not duped trees
i think duped trees would ruin the whole build
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:30:19 PM by phflack »

not really, we just need enough variation. one or two trees isnt enough to make it look good.

variations include height, branch shape, trunk shape, trunk width, exposed root width, leaf count, leaf distribution, and branch number. basically build a new tree each time, but have it the same style.

however we're sticking with non-round using trees, like the one on the mountain, so nurgle's isnt a good example.

could you build some prop trees by yourself since you can't seem to join while I'm hosting, then pm me the save?

it's easier to just build as we go, the trees should be hand made, but of the same style

edit: conan, we need trees like this in the valley, not duped trees
i think duped trees would ruin the whole build

You like my trees? :D

it's easier to just build as we go, the trees should be hand made, but of the same style
but it takes 15x more time, and if we increase the work the chances of me dropping the project or us getting distracted is exponentially increased.

double toast: we've got half the valley terrain done; pictures will be up on monday.

You like my trees? :D
maybe...
fine, yes
they're nicely packed in there, UNLIKE DUPLICATED TREES
yes, it'll take longer, but it will also look good

Hiatus time!

I will not be able to work on or host the build until further notice. Hopefully the delay won't last for more than a week.

Until then hang in there. See you all then.