Hospitals
4 (4.2%)
Jails
4 (4.2%)
Warehouses
4 (4.2%)
Re-implement Farms and Crops
11 (11.6%)
Make the new graphics selectable without editing the .love file.
6 (6.3%)
Village Upgrades (Or upgrades in general)
15 (15.8%)
AI
39 (41.1%)
Other (State your idea in a post)
3 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: IsoLand - An Isometric Civilization-style Game (abandoned)  (Read 25259 times)

alright so here's the deal

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8005323/IsoLand%20Source.zip

that there is the source for IsoLand, if you know what you're doing, go ahead and screw around in it because I'm abandoning this

the project got too huge and it was recoded too many times and I just can't handle it

never again will I ever start something this huge.

Yes, the name of it is completely 100% creative and original. C:

Villages Update 8D

Farmland!

Screwing around with the graphics.

The game is basically you cutting down trees at the edges of the map to expand and explore your land, to make room for villages and such. People will start flocking to your civilization depending on how promising it looks, and will start leaving if they aren't entertained, or if they become hungry and die.

Will release at ~90% completion. Right now it's at maybe ~10% or ~20%. Releasing a little early due to demands.

Things I plan to add:

• What it says in the picture
  • Miner huts for automatic mining
  • Lumber Mills
  • Entertainment Buildings
  • Better tile sprites (if possible)
  • And other things I can't think of at the top of my head.

This game was made with the love2D game engine.

This seems like something that I won't abandon like many of my other projects. And if I do, feel free to find out where I live and slap me senseless.  :cookieMonster:

Download

Older Versions

To run the game, drag the .love file onto the love.exe file.

FAQ

Q: Multiplayer?
A: Very big maybe. Love2D doesn't support multiplayer on it's own, so I'll have to learn how to use it's library.

Q: Why is the village only one house?
A: Representation. The things in the game aren't what they look like.

Q: Why are there so little things to do?
A: It's a very early version.

Q: When will the next update be?
A: When I want to release it. It'll take a week to a month depending on how long it takes. It shouldn't take very long once I'm finished up with the new version of the engine.
lolnope, darn snags

Q: Save feature?
A: I'll try to figure out saving.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:42:46 PM by Kingdaro »

wrong section.. I think :v ?

wrong section.. I think :v ?
It's a creation of mine, is it not?

Ohhhh. you made it. I thought it was a game someone else made. sorry. hugs are in order. good job/luck too.

I downloaded that game engine thinking it was the game.
=[

You guys want it this bad? Because I usually abandon it when I release a skeleton, which is what I'm trying to avoid. :U
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:15:50 PM by Kingdaro »

You guys want it this bad? Because I usually abandon it when I release a skeleton, which is what I'm trying to avoid. :U

I do. Looks very nice and simple, which usually means entertaining.

I do. Looks very nice and simple, which usually means entertaining.
I have it packaged with the engine in a nice, convenient .zip file, so I'll consider releasing once I finish coding in the farmland.

Another thing that might be cool would be roads.

I thought about that, and I'm hoping that the math for it wouldn't be too complicated for me to put in.

(may be a stupid question) Is this going to have farmland and agricultural stuff, like shepherds and cattle and sheep and stuff like dat?

ffs. I want to try Löve2D but it doesn't have a Windows 64-bit.

32bit works somehow.

Lua was technically my second coding language. Java was technically my first. I always read my Torque code as if it were Lua in my mind, lol.

if(%lol = 5){%lol = %lol + 1;}
would be read as
"If 'lol' equals five, then 'lol' plus one."

Nice though. :D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:23:36 PM by otto-san »

(may be a stupid question) Is this going to have farmland and agricultural stuff, like shepherds and cattle and sheep and stuff like dat?
Agriculture is already implemented in the form of crop fields, and I might add it in forms of animals.

ffs. I want to try Löve2D but it doesn't have a Windows 64-bit.

Nice though. :D
Try Linux? C:

Looking at this makes me wanna start attempting to script/make games again (I never started but I attempted!)