Author Topic: Apparently I lost a friend today because I said "Christmas"  (Read 4224 times)

He got traumatized because he monkey broke out and he got mad and now he tries to find Drake and Josh 4ever.

op is stupid for thinking christmas really had or has anything to do with religion. and being all confused about the material aspect his friend was making the point of.

and op's friend is stupid for being so uptight about nothing.

op is stupid for thinking christmas really had or has anything to do with religion.
Wat

Wat

Well I mean when you think about it, a lot of people focus on the gift-giving-and-receiving aspect of Christmas more than the Jesus's Birthday part. My father's side of the family is largely atheist and they still celebrate it.

op is stupid for thinking christmas really had or has anything to do with religion. and being all confused about the material aspect his friend was making the point of.

and op's friend is stupid for being so uptight about nothing.
are you handicapped

are you handicapped

yeah a fat guy in a red suit with presents under a tree is very religious.

yeah a fat guy in a red suit with presents under a tree is very religious.
The modern-day view of him dressed in red, as portrayed by Coca-Cola isn't religious, and it doesn't relate to the actual nativity scene, but the myth and legend of Saint Nicholas is religious.

Tell him that he's one big friend of a friend, and should consult with a therapist.

Happy go shut the forget up.

is your friend plant or a plant-similar person?

He watched thousands of his pine tree brothers get mercilessly derooted  from their home. He is one of the little known survivors of this genocide that came upon him.

are you handicapped
Christ wasn't even born in December, I believe the Bible suggests a more autumn birth.
Christmas celebrations are basically a mass of Winter celebrations of other religions thrown into one, and then a few hundred years later the church is all like "let's just say we're celebrating Christ's birthday and make this a Christian holiday!"

Something like that.

In 1990, the Solon, Ohio (a Cleveland suburb) school board banned all nativity and other Christmas scenes on any school property because they felt it violated the separation of church and state. They were challenged in court when outraged parents opposed them, feeling that Christmas was being stolen from their children and the community. The board lost the case! The citizenry had contended that Christmas was a worldwide tradition that was not part of, and transcended, religion. It was deemed to be secular—a part of virtually all cultures worldwide.

The court decision affirmed that Christmas has no Christian roots! However, the court’s opinion also noted that Bible reading and prayer obviously are associated with Christianity—a remarkable admission! The court concluded that Christmas-keeping and manger scenes could remain because they are not really part of either Christianity or religion—but prayer and Bible reading, which are, must remain excluded from schools!
http://rcg.org/books/ttooc.html
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 11:52:34 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

Give him a gift, and say, "merry christmas" to him.

But he is, He is on a man period,