Poll

THE NEXT BROCKRAND BASH IS:

Continuation of Electrk's "Dark Lord Hodot" series
35 (50%)
BROCKRAND: The Movie (in comic form)
35 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: BROCKRAND COMICS: MERR CHRIMBUS  (Read 510256 times)

In regards to title.
hey this song includes the world 'rollin' in it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpqz3cdVPLM

Quick note on the paid mods thing.

As far as I can tell, Electrk made it pretty clear when he quoted Badspot's EULA that payed mods for the game he created were pretty much "illegal" (I use the term loosely as I don't know exactly how far Badspot could actually take it in a court considering it'd be hard to actually police that, but you still get my drift).

If you directly sell modifications built for and on a framework for someone else's intellectual property, that's pretty low. Just ask for donations, it's completely fair that way, you still have the potential to get paid for your work, and Badspot probably won't even care cause you aren't using his stuff to directly make money, you're just suggesting that if people like the free mods you create, you can offer him some contribution that you feel is applicable, if any.

That'd be like me selling DVDs of Block Wars. Not only am I ripping off Lucas Arts who would have the ability and power to sue me, but I'd be profiting off of Badspot's work as well. While the latter is far less illegal, and could be argued is advertising for his game, it's still a stuffty mentality to have.

when i said i'll shut up now i thought that would just let us all implicitly agree to stop discussing it, or at least not discuss it here.

welp

yeah i'd rather that discussion take place elsewhere, make comics here

why am i not a mod in that

Idk if interviews are still going on but I have Skype for the next couple days and could do one if anyone wants.

I wouldn't mind getting interviewed :o

lol, is of much incredible...