Author Topic: Lego games started getting unoriginal around 2006  (Read 3120 times)

i don't think so, it was on an island with a small village arguing over who was fastest, postal truck, a digger, firetruck...
later on there was more levels to race on, so not just the island, but a weird portal opened or some shenanigans

That was lego racers 2.

Brickster cameo in LR2.

I really hope the lego movie 2 adds some references to lego island, lego racers, etc. Missed opportunity in the first movie.

i got lego racer 1 on n64 recently and find it so hard to keep up with the cpu in 1st place, need to constantly get the warp boost just to win

i got lego racer 1 on n64 recently and find it so hard to keep up with the cpu in 1st place, need to constantly get the warp boost just to win

Just remember he gets depressed when you beat him in the first game so go easy.

You may have the original 1999 version that has weight physics based on your vehicle's build, the CPU don't have that, so the game was re-released in 2001 to remove the weight physics to balance out the gameplay
https://tcrf.net/LEGO_Racers_(Windows)#Kart_Physics

Also, the PS1/PC versions are superior anyway, less compression, better intro videos, etc

so you never unlocked the other agents?
they added some pretty cool gameplay
didnt even get to play the first level haha