Author Topic: Steam Megathread - Sales for all  (Read 99446 times)

What's everyone's thoughts on the first 3 QUAKE games? I've somehow managed to find myself on the purchase confirmation screen for the QUAKE Collection and I need some input

Play quake live instead.

I did, I'm not a fan of the "whoever gets the rocket launcher first wins" style of gameplay

Besides, I'm not planning on playing multiplayer, I'm thinking of buying it for the single player
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 06:30:02 PM by Regulith »

I need some game recommendations. Preferably fps games (anything but cod, i own most of them)
arma 2
bulletstorm
bioshock
blacklight
counter strike
day of defeat
deus ex
fallout
serious sam
etc

Bulletstorm wasn't that fun

What's everyone's thoughts on the first 3 QUAKE games? I've somehow managed to find myself on the purchase confirmation screen for the QUAKE Collection and I need some input
Quake 3 is only really good if you like multiplayer FPS stuff, because that's all it is. Quake 1 and 2 have a proper storyline (sort of) and the option to do multiplayer is there on quake 2, just I'm not sure anyone in the world still plays it.

was excited about command and conquer flash sale until I clicked it and it .. it has the 4th game in it (puke)
*barfs*

I bought the crysis collection

Zaure is an awesome person and bought me Arma 2: CO.

Quake 3 is only really good if you like multiplayer FPS stuff, because that's all it is. Quake 1 and 2 have a proper storyline (sort of) and the option to do multiplayer is there on quake 2, just I'm not sure anyone in the world still plays it.

Okay let me rephrase the question:

Is QUAKE I-III worth $18?

http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/apps/109300/f0cf6ffd9bdc359ed4bf9a1eb32beae378503c75.jpg

Why aren't there black balloons that match Cyl's skin? Also yay, Tappet and Bodkin have forgiven Cyl for taking over their treehouse and setting off fireworks in it, but where is Cyl?

Okay let me rephrase the question:

Is QUAKE I-III worth $18?

no

you can get quake 1 2 and 3 from ebay for $5 plus shipping

no

you can get quake 1 2 and 3 from ebay for $5 plus shipping

But then I have to use ebay

I'd also love to know where you're finding all 3 for $5, unless you mean "$5 each", because that's what I'm seeing

I should also note that the QUAKE Collection comes with all the mission packs as well
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 08:25:54 PM by Regulith »

I went to Miami today and in the car on my phone i purchased Arma 2. I come home and its not in my steam library. wtf?