Author Topic: Blockland Glass Mod Manager [Released!]  (Read 34594 times)

This is looking great so far!

edit: The "GUI Edits" category should be renamed to "Themes / GUI Edits" and you should either allow the "Theme_" file header or get rid of the "file header" thing altogether. (why not just use the name of the file they upload?)

edit2: Could you add an option to opt-out of the update system for individual add-ons? (meaning no replacement of version.txt files, etc.) This would be helpful for me so that I can upload my mods to your system but would only need to release updates in one place.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 11:49:42 PM by Greek2me »

The only reason I'm limiting headings is to have some sense of uniformity. I'll make the changes to the "Themes" category, and I'll add an events category. I suppose I'll add a "miscellaneous" too for anything that doesn't fit.

For private repositories, I'm planning on adding the ability for Glass to mirror it. I want to rework the updates so that only "verified safe" add-ons get pushed to the updater, so that there's protection again someone spontaneously putting a backdoor in and pushing their add-on. However, I'll have Glass act like a client to the updater system and check the "parent" repository to automatically register an update, rescan the file, and reset the safety rating. The first iteration of the system will probably be JSON-only, and then I'll work on a PHP TML interpreter.

I love this idea. Ever since RTB was shutdown for whatever reason, it left a gap in the blockland community. Now that you added this wonderful RTB like website. Maybe the wound can heal. However the design seems a bit bland. Maybe add some art, more color. Also the art style for the addons desc and menu. Should be a bit less compact, and should have a place for pictures. Also the website itself should be just a dap stretched out. Just some constructive criticism.

I love this idea. Ever since RTB was shutdown for whatever reason, it left a gap in the blockland community. Now that you added this wonderful RTB like website. Maybe the wound can heal. However the design seems a bit bland. Maybe add some art, more color. Also the art style for the addons desc and menu. Should be a bit less compact, and should have a place for pictures. Also the website itself should be just a dap stretched out. Just some constructive criticism.
Thank you very much, that's the exact kind of suggestions I'm looking for.

I'm bad at matching colors. The limit of my matching is picking what color shirt will match my pants, and even that is off every once and awhile. If anyone that is good with design and would literally like to give me a set of hex codes that blend, I'm all for it.

updates arent downloads btw
also, will this JUST be an addon hosting system exactly like RTB or can you do something like RTB Buffet and include saves that people can download

In the past, I've gotten too ambitious about projects and bitten off more than I can chew, which leads to them not getting completed. I'm not going to make any promises about future features, but it is indeed something I'm very much interested in. Server control has also been something I've dabbled with a bunch, so that's also been on my mind a lot - things such as a remote console. As soon as I see that the add-on hosting is "finished" in my view, I'll probably announce another feature. I'm going to just keep taking things one feature at a time for everybody's best interest.

Working on this too.

EDIT: live.

EDIT2: I'm extremely bored and stuck in a meeting about data correlation and management on a macro level, so I rewrote the OP to be more straight forward.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 12:31:36 PM by Scout31 »

Upstream repositories is your best idea yet :D

Also that's a killer news feed.

I've been using your repository for just general testing, making a TML interpreter/ JSON converter wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. So far, it successfully realizes when an update is available and inserts the necessary information in to the database. All that's left is downloading the file and scanning it.

Actually, in general I've just been using your stuff to test the whole system locally. They're all pretty rounded and commonly used projects.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 05:38:25 PM by Scout31 »

lol it's saying line 43 on my client_coords add-on is dangerous
line 43 is a } to end a function
pls fix

"Scripts" might need to be divided into client and server mods.

thank you for free addon sponsoring

EDIT: i uploaded a gay colorset of mine and i dont see it under the rtb addon thing
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 08:19:48 PM by Hawt »

lol it's saying line 43 on my client_coords add-on is dangerous
line 43 is a } to end a function
pls fix
whoops, mark-up was broken. it should be fixed now. Approved it anyway.

thank you for free addon sponsoring
No problem :D

"Scripts" might need to be divided into client and server mods.
Yeah, I'm considering it. I'll try just doing client and server filters for now though.

I really like your work on this project. Any chance I could be considered for a reviewer?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 12:19:19 AM by Pecon »