Author Topic: Thought on Retail  (Read 4549 times)

IF BS is lucky and a BIG ASS publisher Finds him his going to be Umm whats dat word :/

Already happened..wasn't it announced? How else would he be doing a retail version?

You don't have to get it Published to say Its going to be retail...

I LOVE JELLO BRICKS!!!!

Garage Games is publishing it.

Unless you release it on your own site, with your own download link, you need a publisher.

Hey I thought of something,could you maybe make a deal with like...megablock
(or another cheap lego ripoff) and you could get it cheaper,then lego couldn't be pissed at you.

Garage Games doesn't publish every game that uses Torque. While that would be a great choice not many games are being published at GG lately. It's like the rules have changed yet..no one knows them. Last  I heard Lego wanted to. I'm sure Eric Hartman can clarify who.

EDIT: And there's one thing that makes me think Lego still wants to publish it. He's using Lego on the bricks as opposed to "Blocko"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 04:16:00 PM by eternaldark »

The new bricks don't have any text on them, anywhere.

Also, located in the news archive:

Big news: I've been talking to some folks at Garage Games and they seem pretty enthusiastic about making this game into a retail product. They've even offered to help me with content creation. This is an incredible opportunity for me and I simply can't pass it up.

Sadly, this means there will be no updates to the free version in the near future. But in the long run, this means you'll get a polished game with more features, improved interface, better performance and cross-platform support. Really, this is the best situation for all of us. The current version will remain online.

I have not yet had any negotiations with Lego. I am going to try to contact them. I would like to keep the Lego theme, but if we can't reach a deal then the game will be made with a different theme.

I have updated the FAQ.
Feel free head on over to the Forums and ask questions. If you're thinking about making a post, please try to remain realistic and avoid jumping to conclusions.

This was posted on February 26, 2005.

The new bricks don't have any text on them, anywhere.

Also, located in the news archive:

Big news: I've been talking to some folks at Garage Games and they seem pretty enthusiastic about making this game into a retail product. They've even offered to help me with content creation. This is an incredible opportunity for me and I simply can't pass it up.

Sadly, this means there will be no updates to the free version in the near future. But in the long run, this means you'll get a polished game with more features, improved interface, better performance and cross-platform support. Really, this is the best situation for all of us. The current version will remain online.

I have not yet had any negotiations with Lego. I am going to try to contact them. I would like to keep the Lego theme, but if we can't reach a deal then the game will be made with a different theme.

I have updated the FAQ.
Feel free head on over to the Forums and ask questions. If you're thinking about making a post, please try to remain realistic and avoid jumping to conclusions.

This was posted on February 26, 2005.

Yeah, but thats not what he said at IGC :P He said Lego had offered him a position or something of the sorts. By the way, IGC05 was October 2005.

Oh yes, and there is a Lego print on them.

they dont look like that now

Because it's not retail :P

Because I modded the texture to say that. I'm the only one that has round pegs in retail. They come like squares.

Even the IGC demo had those. I guess he must have changed it.