Poll

After you've tried the new reference frame import feature, do you think it should be enabled by default?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Blender] New DTS plugin  (Read 134168 times)

Recent changes

• Fixed "Use mesh transforms" messing up everything (this was probably the cause of most issues when exporting models with a skeleton (player models, some vehicles, some weapons) in them).
PRAISE FRICKEN JESUS

i installed the newer version but the dsq importer doesnt show up

i installed the newer version but the dsq importer doesnt show up
Try going to the user preferences, remove the old version, then install the new version

By the way, choosing to hide the blockhead nodes on import should also hide the actual nodes for the mesh that gets hidden so that you're not left with visible nodes for the tri-plume, cop hat, etc
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 06:25:18 PM by Masterlegodude »

what is even the proper process to exporting a dts?

literally every time i export something the model is broken. its nothing. no errors. i haven't gotten it to work once other than modifying m.dts.

What's wrong exactly?

What's wrong exactly?
this is all i get

(exported then imported)

nothing shows up in game
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:35:05 AM by Trogtor »

what is even the proper process to exporting a dts?

literally every time i export something the model is broken. its nothing. no errors. i haven't gotten it to work once other than modifying m.dts.

send me the .blend

I can get it to export properly if I remove the pointless "Shape -> Detail32 -> Armature" structure you have in the scene.

After a bit of debugging, I've pushed a new version that can export it even if that structure is there. The real issue was that your meshes were being put in LOD "detail32" and you had a node named "Detail32", and that the DTS name table is normally case-insensitive (but Python's key lookup is not). In a nutshell, it works now (and you don't need to change anything if you update the plugin).

For future reference, your model is so simple that you can just have the plain "lense", "nation" and "vape" meshes. You don't need any of the other objects here ("Empty", "Shape", "Detail32", "Armature", "bone").

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 09:31:55 AM by portify »

if i dont need to put anything down how will i know which direction the model will face upon export?

well it'll just face the direction it's facing in blender
it won't be rotated by the exporter

plain solid smooth shading on translucent materials looks incredibly dumb

spent like an hour making a really intricate running animation and

r i p
did you ever figure out a solution to this?

did you ever figure out a solution to this?

is it fixed in the latest version? it should be able to export it, no guarantees on the actual animation

https://github.com/portify/io_scene_dts/issues is looking a lot better than it was half a year ago