Poll

No Poll at the Moment

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: ...  (Read 227814 times)

Even though this 4th of July update is late, I thought it would be nice to add flag options also to the Sidekick as well!

|
|
|
V

Added+

+New Accessory Mirrors
+New Flag Category (B-Single, B-Double, F-Single, F-Double, T-Double)

Tweaks* and Fixes+

*Redone Headlight Kits
L+You may now color the headlights accordingly
*Redone Taillight kits
L*No more wiring
*SideComponet is now Accessory to comply with new parts

Removed-

-Battery Category and parts
-Wires on headlight and taillight kits requiring the battery

You should add aerials to the cars and add an aerial topper category

Aerials? Which cars?
Aerials are the antenna things for the radio. And all cars.

Wow! The flags are going to look cool, NightHawk!

Aerials are the antenna things for the radio. And all cars.
They are on a few already [I.E Vortex Rally Roof part], but I'll think about it.

It's the functioning lights extravaganza! All the cars you see here that are lighting up have been equipped with Functioning Lights!

And these two cars here have a classic looking headlight like the old cars do:

damn, that looks really cool, i especially like the effect on the camaro

Dang NightHawk. Those look awesome!

Sorry I don't want to be nitpicky but I'm pretty sure the light texture is wrong.

Sorry I don't want to be nitpicky but I'm pretty sure the light texture is wrong.
Yea I noticed that. Doing the cube flares like in the crown victoria were a bit tricky. I will fix/adjust later on.

It's the functioning lights extravaganza! All the cars you see here that are lighting up have been equipped with Functioning Lights!

-snips-

And these two cars here have a classic looking headlight like the old cars do:

-snips-
look amazing :o

What you need to do is a bit weird. A more sensible option is probably to UV map them from the top or sides, and then use a simple gradient.

To do what I did, you need to set the camera so that you're facing the headlight like so:

UV map it with Project from View (Bounds):

Under UVs, make sure "snap to pixels" is checked, and move the points until they look something like this:

Then, that is the part of the square flare image that each of those four faces will use.

As always, don't just use things because they're there! Use some common sense! Use a flat gradient or make sure you're using the square flare the way it's meant to be used.

Thanks for the advice Teneksi!

I forgot to also say this [sorry about late notice]. I'm going with my youth group for the second year in a row to a private resivoir from today to Wednesday. I can't reply or anything due to surrendering electronic devices (why would I also bring a laptop to a camping trip?). Progress will be on hold until then. See you two days from now!

Scratch that announcement, I'm back. Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:12:44 PM by Night_Hawk »

Maybe. I'm not open for many suggestions, BUT: If they catch my eyes of interest, there's a high chance that it will be made.

Does this catch your eyes? :)