Author Topic: English teacher bitched on me  (Read 1812 times)

Seriously, English class is all of the stuff you can think of combined at my school. Some of you may remember another thread about how idiotic it was, and recently I made a spoof video of an actual subject. But godforgetigndamnit it keeps getting worse. As I am the only one in my class that can speak English without saying sentences like "I are good in English." or "I will eating a hamburger.", everyoen knows I always get near perfect grades for English (Think 9/10 - 10/10). So now we had a hearing exam. About babysitting. One of the questions on it was "Who did she babysit for when she was a teenager?". On the CD she said "I used to babysit for one of my mom's friends when I was a teenager.". I answered the question on the paper with "She used to babysit for one of her mom's friends.". After we all made the tests, the corrected 'em as we made some exercises in our workbooks. At the end of class she reads them out loud. 7/10. Odd point for me, as everyone in the class says. So I go up to the desk after the bell rings and ask if I can see what I did wrong. 1/3 for that aforementioned question. Why you might say? Because the answer was supposed to be: "For one of her mom's friends children.". What the forget. NO. You do not babysit FOR children. You babysit FOR THEIR MOTHER, ON their children. After explaining this in a slightly cooler way than I did here, she said that it was still wrong because "She shouldn't have to think that far.". Jesus christ, should I just assume everyone is loving handicapped everywhere? What the forget.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:35:04 AM by TheArmyGuy »

I always thought one would babysit a child, for the parent.

If I were you, I wouldn't have brought your complaint to the teacher in the first place; a 7/10 is better than nothing.

are you one of them kids who get grounded if you come home with a B+? lol

passing the grade was always good enough for me

No, every person in class is acting odd now because I had a bad grade in English. For whatever loving reason they desire.

I used to be the best student in my English class too, although I didn't whine like a baby when I got a rather bad score.

I don't care for the score, I care for everyone around me bitching agaisnt me about it.
I would honestly not give a single forget hadn't she read all of the grades out loud.

I don't care for the score, I care for everyone around me bitching agaisnt me about it.
I would honestly not give a single forget hadn't she read all of the grades out loud.
Ooooooh, I see what you mean.
I once got a 9/10 on a French test (I picked it up rather quickly) and my friend beside me started bitching too. I think he even mimed putting a gun to his head.

Well deal with it, people are handicapped forgets.

dude, i know what you mean
my teachers don't read grades out loud but as soon as they're passed out people will like, look over your shoulder to see what you got and then start whispering it around the classroom.. i was known as the "smart kid" cause i would usually get within a 94 (A+) but one time i got like an 80 and everyone immediately knew :/

Ooooooh, I see what you mean.
I once got a 9/10 on a French test (I picked it up rather quickly) and my friend beside me started bitching too. I think he even mimed putting a gun to his head.
..and i know what you mean. because my grades get passed around so fast, one time the math teacher gave us the "hardest math test in the year" because it was about factoring and i got like, a 97 on it and everyone else got like 70-80s and they were all so pissed off at me

..and i know what you mean. because my grades get passed around so fast, one time the math teacher gave us the "hardest math test in the year" because it was about factoring and i got like, a 97 on it and everyone else got like 70-80s and they were all so pissed off at me
No, he was expecting me to get a perfect 10/10. It was a conjugation issue. Je FAIS, tu FAIS, il/elle/on FAIT. I happened to put je FAIT, tu FAIT, il/elle/on FAIS, which was wrong.
Which is odd, considering most verbs, when conjugated with il/elle/on, end with a T, like il FAUT, elle EST, on FAIT, etc.
...I'll shut up now.

I never followed that stupid rule where they say you should "never end a sentence with a preposition." It bugged the hell out of teachers simply because I knew why it is completely appropriate to do in the English language. The preposition rule applies to languages based off of Latin. English is based off of German languages and dialects and they end their sentences in prepositions all the time. It is perfectly acceptable and I will continue to do so.

I got almost half of a 30 question review wrong because I used stuff like He instead of "scrooge"

That answer was still correct.

No, he was expecting me to get a perfect 10/10. It was a conjugation issue. Je FAIS, tu FAIS, il/elle/on FAIT. I happened to put je FAIT, tu FAIT, il/elle/on FAIS, which was wrong.
Which is odd, considering most verbs, when conjugated with il/elle/on, end with a T, like il FAUT, elle EST, on FAIT, etc.
...I'll shut up now.
Lol, everyone else but me did that on my French exam :cookieMonster:

Seriously, English class is all of the stuff you can think of combined at my school. Some of you may remember another thread about how idiotic it was, and recently I made a spoof video of an actual subject. But godforgetigndamnit it keeps getting worse. As I am the only one in my class that can speak English without saying sentences like "I are good in English." or "I will eating a hamburger.", everyoen knows I always get near perfect grades for English (Think 9/10 - 10/10). So now we had a hearing exam. About babysitting. One of the questions on it was "Who did she babysit for when she was a teenager?". On the CD she said "I used to babysit for one of my mom's friends when I was a teenager.". I answered the question on the paper with "She used to babysit for one of her mom's friends.". After we all made the tests, the corrected 'em as we made some exercises in our workbooks. At the end of class she reads them out loud. 7/10. Odd point for me, as everyone in the class says. So I go up to the desk after the bell rings and ask if I can see what I did wrong. 1/3 for that aforementioned question. Why you might say? Because the answer was supposed to be: "For one of her mom's friends children.". What the forget. NO. You do not babysit FOR children. You babysit FOR THEIR MOTHER, ON their children. After explaining this in a slightly cooler way than I did here, she said that it was still wrong because "She shouldn't have to think that far.". Jesus christ, should I just assume everyone is loving handicapped everywhere? What the forget.