Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Chrisbot6's Renderman Mod - v3 Released!  (Read 146715 times)

No.

Renderman can die if you have a mod like gamemode_zombie enabled that change the AIPlayer class. Which is unfortunately usually true because of the ammount of complete butter roosters around here that 1. Didn't read the OP and 2. start every server they host with every mod they have enabled.

As for the face thing, i'd agree. But i'm serious about the killability thing. If one more person points it out i'm going to add a thing to the script to disable the zombie gamemode. Then MABYE people'll stop accusing me of not adapting my mod to work with other hacky stuff.
Make sure you either disable bot events as well or run a secondary script (if bot events is enabled) that will rig up the Render thing to act differently?

Ozmarblock posted this in the MD topic a while ago:

Should I use?

I think that would look good. Just make sure the people who don't have the face or the mod installed just see the standard memegrin face.

I think that would look good. Just make sure the people who don't have the face or the mod installed just see the standard memegrin face.
Not sure if Blockland allows for that; I think it goes to a blank texture if it doesn't have the right one. What about if you were to mount an image that had just the red eyes texture onto Render's head node?

Not sure if Blockland allows for that; I think it goes to a blank texture if it doesn't have the right one. What about if you were to mount an image that had just the red eyes texture onto Render's head node?
Mount.... an image?

Ugh, there aren't enough servers hosting this! I really like playing with this mod!

Mount.... an image?
I mean like how weapons mount a weaponimage to a player's hand. I haven't scripted much outside of weapons, so sorry about how I worded that.
Basically it would mount something to the Render's head that would use a semi-transparent red eye overlay, just outside the actual face, so that if you had the texture downloaded it would show up. Maybe it would need to be named a certain way to tell the game what texture to use if it couldn't find the texture. I'm not really sure, I've never done anything like that before, and I honestly have no clue how you would go about it; I'm just throwing out ideas.

When are you going to add the update with /renderkill?

While I was on Mutalisk's server building a map for the renderman, I was jetting quite far in the air then the renderman teleported into the air and killed me. Do you think it is fine if that happens?

Ozmarblock posted this in the MD topic a while ago:

Should I use?
Make a different version of the renderman to download with this face so that it can be optional like the slenderman.

Anyways, I love the mod! Good work! It is most scary while you are building in the dark alone!

You should give renderman expressions

Video of slenderman version anyone?

I've played it on other servers, it's a great mod with great fun included. I've made a manual render detector with events, too. Which struck an idea.

Output and input events that involve render, such as
OnNoGlitch
OnSlightGlitch
OnHighGlitch
OnVHighGlitch
OnOffScaleGlitch

These would be good for, like, as said before, a render detector so you don't need to have it in your hand all the time. Output events would set the frequency.

Just added a view counter to the op for no reason at all. Also, the things specified in the post above will be added to v3.

Current v3 checklist:
Code: [Select]
- SetFrequency event (x)

- Inputs for activity: ( )
  o onLowRendActivity [ ]
  o onMedRendActivity [ ]
  o onHighRendActivity [ ]
  o onVHighRendActivity [ ]
  o onOffScaleRendActivity [ ]

- ThermoCamera ( )
  o model [ ]
  o shader [ ]
  o functionality [ ]

- Bug Fixes ( )
  o two rendermen bug [x]
  o zombie or bot mod incompatibility causing killability [ ] (just disable the bastard)

- Commands ( )
  o renderkill [x]
  o renderstalk [ ]
  o renderwatch [ ]

- Faces ( )
  o Passive Face working [ ]
  o Agressive Face working [ ]
  o Intergration of both faces into gameplay [ ]

- Types
  o Type A [x]
  o Type B [x]
  o Type T [ ] (what IS type T? need to have some kind of nightmare later to inspire this)
  o Type S [ ]

- RTB Prefs ( )
  o BOOL Can Turn Off Lights [x]
  o LIST Mode [ ] (Kill/Kick/Instantrespawn/3Lives - 3Lives mode kills you 3 times when found then kicks you)
  o BOOL Use Special Faces [ ]
  o INT Frequency [ ]
  o BOOL Protect Player On Win [ ]

- Goal (Photograph all four renderman types) ( )
  o Goal Working [ ]
  o Win Message [ ]
  o Win Protect If Enabled [ ]

- Chat Hate Detection ( ) (Saying stuff like "renderman is a handicap" will cause him to target you)

I need models for a couple of these things: Most notably the Thermal Camera item and the Type T. I'd also be happy if anyone could show me how to make a shader (I posted a help topic).

If you're interested in making models for any of these things please send me a message. Note that I don't pay people for their work but I do always credit them. (Thermo Cam will be released as a seperate mod too for filmmaking and stuff)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:36:07 PM by chrisbot6 »