Author Topic: There is no "Best" Operating System!  (Read 6318 times)

I have put together a little sheet to show everyone why there is no perfect/best OS.

Windows:
Pros: Professional, Fast, upgradable, gaming.
Cons: MORE Viruses, Vista.

Mac:
Pros: Photo editing (according to maccigarettes), Video editing, sleek interface.
Cons: Hard to upgrade, gaming nightmare.

Linux:
Pros: Wine (a program to run windows apps), open source, many distros for any need!
Cons: Can have some issues at times, terminal is hard.

People have different needs for things,
some want gaming, (Windows)
some want video/picture editing, (Mac)
some want a good operating system for next to priceless. (Linux)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 10:20:24 AM by brickybob »

some want to revive an old computer. (Linux)
Wow, no. Linux can do a lot more than that.
Windows:
Pros: Professional, Fast, upgradable, gaming.
Cons: Viruses, Vista.
If you're not a stupid little forget you wont get viruses.

Because macs can't get viruses, you're sacrificing the ability to game and the ability to run flash to open up photoshop 2 seconds faster.

Windows and linux and all japanese OS's are better than mac

How is Vista a con?
It takes up like 31% of RAM while doing nothing (no programs running, just the default like windows explorer) ans W7 takes up like 21-27%

Windows and linux and all japanese OS's are better than mac
Agree'd, accept i don't know any Japanese OS's.....

Don't get Vista, problem solved.

yeah get windows 95 its a higher number then 7 so you know that its better then windows 7

Because macs can't get viruses, you're sacrificing the ability to game and the ability to run flash to open up photoshop 2 seconds faster.
They can.
All operating systems have flaws.  The thing is that since Windows has the MOST users, hackers target them.  If more people used Mac, they'd target mac...etc.
Your sacraficing everything for practicaly nothing.
yeah get windows 95 its a higher number then 7 so you know that its better then windows 7
7 is a lucky number.
95 was made in 1995!

My bro has Vista and it works fine. I really don't see what's so bad about it.

My bro has Vista and it works fine. I really don't see what's so bad about it.
The problem is, it's a good operating system, but people just can't accept change from XP to Vista/7.

I haven't had much problems with Vista, only problems I've had are compatibility with ancient games which is easily fixable and general Windows stuff.
I like Vista, stable and good.

Linux CD is useful for backup when Windows forgets up, so I have to love Linux for that, but otherwise its plain crap.

They can.
All operating systems have flaws.  The thing is that since Windows has the MOST users, hackers target them.  If more people used Mac, they'd target mac...etc.
Your sacraficing everything for practicaly nothing.7 is a lucky number.
95 was made in 1995!
Macs can't even get negative attention.