Author Topic: Joining a possibly BLhack-crashed server?  (Read 4344 times)

jincux in the case something like this happens again i advise installing autosaver just in case, or advising everyone who gets a server to do so

On second glance, do you have some add-on screwing around with player auth? There’s a bunch of non-standard auth stuff in the console.
Possibly? I'll take a glance at my add-ons list.

It's worth noting that I had an autosaver already in my add-ons, I just forgot to disable it.

Code: [Select]
>> activatePackage("Server_Autosaver");

Activating package: Server_Autosaver
Leaving GlassHostingTCP::onLine() - return
>> servercmdASB("gay");

Entering serverCmdASB(gay)
Entering serverCmdAutoSaveBricks(gay, , , , , , , , , , )
Leaving serverCmdAutoSaveBricks() - return gay
Leaving serverCmdASB() - return gay
Leaving GlassHostingTCP::onLine() - return gay

This did nothing. If there aren't any other suggestions I'll simply revert to an older save. Also, here's my add-ons list.

It's worth noting that I had an autosaver already in my add-ons, I just forgot to disable it.

>> activatePackage("Server_Autosaver");

Activating package: Server_Autosaver
Leaving GlassHostingTCP::onLine() - return
>> servercmdASB("gay");

Entering serverCmdASB(gay)
Entering serverCmdAutoSaveBricks(gay, , , , , , , , , , )
Leaving serverCmdAutoSaveBricks() - return gay
Leaving serverCmdASB() - return gay
Leaving GlassHostingTCP::onLine() - return gay
This did nothing. If there aren't any other suggestions I'll simply revert to an older save. Also, here's my add-ons list.
you need to pass in an object with .isAdmin and .isSuperAdmin = 1; since the first parameter of any servercmd is the client, and only admins can call /autosavebricks

you need to pass in an object with .isAdmin and .isSuperAdmin = 1; since the first parameter of any servercmd is the client, and only admins can call /autosavebricks
Thank you for pointing this out! It worked wonderfully, and the server is now autosaving the bricks.

"[!] is attempting to save bricks."

cool
if that fails though, you could enter the functions needed into the console to save the bricks
just need to check what the character limit is for that

cool
if that fails though, you could enter the functions needed into the console to save the bricks
just need to check what the character limit is for that
It had seemed to just display that before stopping. It didn't even create the autosaver folder. Anything else to try? How do I go about doing what you've suggested?

It had seemed to just display that before stopping. It didn't even create the autosaver folder. Anything else to try? How do I go about doing what you've suggested?
did the autosaver finish according to the console? the folder should be in saves/Autosaver/ and timestamped

Been returning this for hours:
Entering serverCmdASB(911687)
Entering serverCmdAutoSaveBricks(911687, , , , , , , , , , )
Entering GameConnection::ChatMessage(911687, [!] Server is currently autosaving.)
Entering messageClient(911687, 86, 595, Tekari, 0)
Leaving messageClient() - return
Leaving GameConnection::ChatMessage() - return
Leaving serverCmdAutoSaveBricks() - return
Leaving serverCmdASB() - return
Leaving

Are there more parameters to asb, maybe? For reference, I removed the code which had admin restrictions and re-executed it.

uh you may have accidentally screwed it up then

it would have been better to just make a scriptobject with the values and pass it in. you'll now need to not only figure out how to cancel the current autosave, but also reexec the original code

removing admin checks is also a bad idea cause that means anyone on the server can initiate an autosave and spam your saves folder + load autosaves (if you also removed admin checks from that)

also note that if you replace or modify or add any .zips to your addons folder while the server is running, you need to do "setModPaths(getModPaths());" to make sure blockland actually properly updates the contents of the .zips in memory

can you post the autosaver you're using?

Hehe, I thought I did. I would've readded the admin check of course, my main concern right now is getting the save. I'll try a thing

can you post the autosaver you're using?
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=285601.0