Author Topic: If I download Windows 8, will libraries be saved?  (Read 1053 times)

Windows 7 = master race

Windows 8 = satan

In all honesty, I don't think Windows 8 is worth it.
Have you even tried Windows 8? It's not that bad, honestly.

Have you even tried Windows 8? It's not that bad, honestly.

They should stick that in their ads.

"Try it, its not that bad, honestly!"

Lololo

Re:topic - there is no reason an installer should latch onto hard drives and erase them. Once it finds the system on the main hard drive, it will focus in there. If you are paranoid just unplug the damn things lol.

They should stick that in their ads.

"Try it, its not that bad, honestly!"

Lololo
Eh, well, they could've done a better job on it. Done a little more work. It seemed a bit unfinished.

Windows 8 looks like a tacky, try hard attempt to re-define their operating system hastily for a market of touch-screen desktop computers that nobody really wants yet.

I am so not a fan. All I see is bloatware, bloatware, bloatware. Sticking to 7 for a while I think, we'll see later.

Windows 8 looks like a tacky, try hard attempt to re-define their operating system hastily for a market of touch-screen desktop computers that nobody really wants yet.

I am so not a fan. All I see is bloatware, bloatware, bloatware. Sticking to 7 for a while I think, we'll see later.

I agree completely. I have a computer with windows 8 and nothing is improved.

Windows 7 = master race

Windows 8 = satan

In all honesty, I don't think Windows 8 is worth it.
jerkjerkjerkjerkjerkjerk

Now that's definitely not true.
Whats different? The only thing I see different on the desktop is that Explorer has a new shell. And Metro looks terrible.

Whats different? The only thing I see different on the desktop is that Explorer has a new shell. And Metro looks terrible.

There are tons of new features everywhere (even only in desktop mode). There's no way I can list all of them.

you don't need to partition anything if you have more than one hard drive
Your files must be rather unorganized. I have 2x600GB drives with 3 partitions each.

Your files must be rather unorganized. I have 2x600GB drives with 3 partitions each.

Use folders :)

Use folders :)
Why use folders when partitions are more practical. When I install a new program it I will install it to P: Programs. No exceptions. When I need music M: Music is where it's at. I've always done this so it feels nice and organized.

Why use folders when partitions are more practical. When I install a new program it I will install it to P: Programs. No exceptions. When I need music M: Music is where it's at. I've always done this so it feels nice and organized.

Using partitions would limit you in storage capacity and create additional trouble with starting new libraries. With folders, it's a press of a button.

I was not aware that you could run a program off of a different drive/partition. I need to do this.

windows 8 is insanely faster on AMD processors as W7 and XP bottlenecked AMD cpus, W8 does not bottleneck, it shows power i've never touched before