Author Topic: Obligatory computer parts topic.  (Read 1157 times)

nvidia has a tendency to overheat like a bitch

just saying

Should I start repeating "cherry picked answers" too, then?
I'm not citing any website with heavily biased answers so it'd just make you look like an idiot, but go for it.

just saying
Any GPU can heat like a bitch.  They just make the chip, they don't tell manufacturer's specifically to put whatever type of fan on their cards.  It all depends on airflow.
I'm not citing any website with heavily biased answers so it'd just make you look like an idiot, but go for it.
So why is it biased?  Because there are simply more Intel cpus on the list?

That's like saying an automotive review critic is biased because he reviews more Toyota cars than Maseratis.  :cookieMonster: 

I'm not citing any website with heavily biased answers
Truth ≠ Biased

just saying
Buy an extra fan next time.

Any GPU can heat like a bitch.  They just make the chip, they don't tell manufacturer's specifically to put whatever type of fan on their cards.  It all depends on airflow.So why is it biased?  Because there are simply more Intel cpus on the list?

That's like saying an automotive review critic is biased because he reviews more Toyota cars than Maseratis.  :cookieMonster: 
The website is biased because it's including the extremely high end processors, which Intel makes, and AMD doesn't. Unless you plan on owning your own supercomputer, this means nothing, because I'm talking about consumer level CPUs.
Also if you can't get why including one group more than the other is statistically biased, I have little hope for you.

The website is biased because it's including the extremely high end processors, which Intel makes, and AMD doesn't. Unless you plan on owning your own supercomputer, this means nothing, because I'm talking about consumer level CPUs.
Also if you can't get why including one group more than the other is statistically biased, I have little hope for you.
I wasn't even referring to every single $1k-$2k Intel CPU.  I even flat out stated that Intel quadcores are better than AMD hexcores.  Most Intel quadcores are consumer level these days, the more expensive Intel ones that range higher than $500 are for the most part hexcores.

Citation? I'd like to see a website that isn't passmark that says so.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/288?vs=203

This isn't even a Core i7, it's a Core i5 of Intel's latest Sandy Bridge CPU lineup, versus AMD's top processor, a Phenom II X6.  Intel still wins.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/288?vs=203

This isn't even a Core i7, it's a Core i5 of Intel's latest Sandy Bridge CPU lineup, versus AMD's top processor, a Phenom II X6.  Intel still wins.
I hope you realize the price gap between those two. It's enough for them to be in seperate brackets.

ADDENDUM: Not to mention the fact that AMD is more OC friendly, which means you could get even more power out of it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 12:26:34 AM by Sheezy »

I hope you realize the price gap between those two. It's enough for them to be in seperate brackets.
Ok?  Then if you're actually able to afford it then go ahead and buy Intel.  If you're poor and would like to have some bragging right in owning a modest hexcore than go for AMD.

Ok?  Then if you're actually able to afford it then go ahead and buy Intel.  If you're poor and would like to have some bragging right in owning a modest hexcore than go for AMD.

$40 dollar difference makes you poor. okay, mister douchebag.

$40 dollar difference makes you poor. okay, mister douchebag.
You seem a bit upset bro.

ADDENDUM: Not to mention the fact that AMD is more OC friendly, which means you could get even more power out of it.
You can get overclocks of around 5GHz with liquid cooling if you try with any processor.

You seem a bit upset bro.
You can get overclocks of around 5GHz with liquid cooling if you try with any processor.

"OH NOES YOU GOT A LAMBORGHINI INSTEAD OF A FERARI YOU MUST BE POOR"

Also the fact that you can kick that AMD processor up to 4.3 ghz easily on air cooling should stand for itself.

Also enjoy kicking away 70% of your processors lifetime by bringing it up that high.

"OH NOES YOU GOT A LAMBORGHINI INSTEAD OF A FERARI YOU MUST BE POOR"

Also the fact that you can kick that AMD processor up to 4.3 ghz easily on air cooling should stand for itself.

Also enjoy kicking away 70% of your processors lifetime by bringing it up that high.
Googled AMD 4.3 GHz air cooling and found pretty much thin forum posts and maybe a few news sites that say it could go that high on air.  Then I also found a Youtube video of a Core i7 950 at 4.3 GHz on air cooling too.

My point is that overclocking a processor isn't relatively difficult and most processors can handle operations at 4 GHz but will be incredibly hot on air cooling alone.  You're pretty much throwing air here.

bisjac prefers;
asus mobo
antec psu
nvidia gpu
intel cpu
corsair ramz
any pretty case