Author Topic: I need help convincing my mom that Battlefield 3 is just a game.  (Read 4680 times)

First off there has never been a recorded death because someone got influenced by violence from a video game most things people say about stuff like that is a bunch of bull. And second Battlefield 3 isn't even that bad compared to other games out these days

WHEN DID I FLIPPING SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MURDERS RELATED TO VIDEO GAME RELATED AGGRESSION?  
Maybe if I talk in all caps they'll listen.  
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:32:01 PM by morningstar »

Ask for gears of war instead.

So, I was going to buy BF3 secretly, but the thing is, I'm buying it on Origin. This means two things.

1. My mom has my debit card, so I don't know how to get it from her.
2. If my parents check the account transactions, then I'll get in loads of trouble.

Not to mention, I bought Bad Company 2, and I'm scared to hell for when my parents go to the bank to cash my check. I'd get in serious trouble. Not only for spending money without their permission, but for playing a type of game she doesn't let me play.

First off there has never been a recorded death because someone got influenced by violence from a video game most things people say about stuff like that is a bunch of bull. And second Battlefield 3 isn't even that bad compared to other games out these days

my cousin is in the marines because he wants to kill people.
if there isn't a recorded death there will be now.
not even the marines can change his mind about why he wants to join the marines just to kill people.

Eww
if you buy it on CD it will still want you to activate it on origin, so it makes absolutely no difference.

Should I just buy BF3 after we go to the bank?

my mom. She things that games like Call of Duty and Halo, or any other shooter harms me

thats what mothers said about all movies and tv shows that ever existed.
then all music that has ever existed. anything but classical.

100 years ago, a black and white art film with boring footage of oceans and grass blowing in the wind would "rot your mind"

its just uneducated last generation thinking the same stuff the generation before scolded them about. its a shame someone cant break the handicap cycle...

Your mother is exercising her ability as your mother to deny you things she thinks are detrimental to your growth. IMO it's better than parents who buy their children violent video games, then complain about them.

Deal with it.

Also don't buy BF3, I don't want whiny little kids in my other shooters.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:22:51 PM by The Titanium »

Your mother is exercising her ability as your mother to deny you things she thinks are detrimental to your growth. IMO it's better than parents who buy their children violent video games, then complain about them.

Okay.

Deal with it.

Also don't buy BF3, I don't want whiny little kids in my other shooters.

lmfao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZlXI6oeCyc
My mom watches her show. It probably has a part in letting me not play those games.

My mom watches her show. It probably has a part in letting me not play those games.
get her to watch this video. do whatever you can. make it non-traceable to you, unless you have a better idea. she might draw idiotic conclusions from the use of, dare i mention, SWEARING!!!

on swearing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_osQvkeNRM
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:35:22 PM by The Titanium »