Author Topic: Help! Blockland causes my computer to turn off when I am afk!  (Read 1164 times)

Hello. I am setro2, and blockland causes my computer to turn off when I'm afk. Heres what it does: I'm afk to eat dinner or something, and then when I go to play blockland (I kept blockland open when I wask afk), my computer just shuts off without showing the "Shutting down" screen. When  I turn on my computer, it doesn't say resuming windows or show me an error. Help please!

Quote from: Badspot
Blockland cannot shut down your computer.  A normal program failure will not cause your computer to shut down.  If your computer actually shuts down unexpectedly then you have a driver conflict (resulting in BSOD/auto reboot) or harware failure.

I installed the latest video drivers.

Then hardware failure for sure.

Are you sure it isnt in  sleep mode.

Then hardware failure for sure.
happened with me, now i'm running my comp without the graphics card going.
Waiting for a new one.

Maybe it went into sleep mode?

If there was no obvious error message or when it restarts it doesn't say something like "Windows encountered an error" yadda yadda, it probably just went in to sleep mode; check your power settings.

If it really is a blue screen, stop error or similar, the chances are blockland will not be causing it. Mostly it's driver or hardware related (oddly I recently had one caused by zone alarm handling udp packets in a way that windows 7 didn't like).

Either:
it went into sleep mode

Or, if you have a laptop and it isn't plugged into a power cable, the battery may have just run out.

Or maybe one of those "we will have to shutdown your pc for the latest windows updates to take effect" messages were you have to postpone them or they shutdown your PC popped up.

I love it when people make a help thread then never look at it again.

I love it when people make a help thread then never look at it again.
It's because I don't lock them. I'm not trying to be mean by making people think I am still looking at the thread.

It's because I don't lock them. I'm not trying to be mean by making people think I am still looking at the thread.
Do never lock help topics
There's always more to say about it
Maybe a better solution

So you don't look at a help thread right after you make it because you don't lock it. I don't really see anything logical about that sentence. When you make a help thread, make sure to look back at it a few minutes after being made to see if you are being asked questions which would help the forums help you. If there are questions, like in this thread reply to them so we can come to a correct conclusion and fix your problem.