Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1318503 times)

Get an SSD if you want something for now

Seriously this, I don't understand some people in going out and upgrading their computer for absolutely no reason. The ONLY thing I can think of is getting a 770 or 780, that's it.
Not even worth it right now, that card can run just about everything, I would update it in a year or so. I'm waiting to replace my GTX 670 4GB until the 800 Series comes out (or if my card breaks for whatever reason).
Get an SSD if you want something for now
This.

I was kinda debating on getting a new monitor, since mine is from like 2003 and about to fall off the hinges

also maybe the hard drive because that thing has died on me like 4 times

I was kinda debating on getting a new monitor, since mine is from like 2003 and about to fall off the hinges

also maybe the hard drive because that thing has died on me like 4 times
What's your budget for monitor/HDD?

alright jerome you most likely will win

i'm probably going for the iBUYPOWER one with the 7850 card

I use fraps and it takes up A LOT of space on my HDD. Should I get a second HDD for fraps or an external harddrive?

I use fraps and it takes up A LOT of space on my HDD. Should I get a second HDD for fraps or an external harddrive?
An external HDD is slower than an internal one. Fraps needs a fast HDD to work smoothly. You should get a second HDD.

Another HDD, Western Digital WD Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - OEM might be a nice choice, it has 2TB so plenty of space, it's fast, and reliable, I have had 2 WD Black drives for about 2 years now, neither of them have never failed me.

What's your budget for monitor/HDD?

i have no clue because i dont know which monitor or hard drive i should be looking for

i'd at the very least want a 1920x1080 resolution, i dont know what a viable inch size would be

edit: my monitor right now is 22 inches and if i got something new, i'd want it to be maybe slightly bigger than that

i have no clue because i dont know which monitor or hard drive i should be looking for

i'd at the very least want a 1920x1080 resolution, i dont know what a viable inch size would be

edit: my monitor right now is 22 inches and if i got something new, i'd want it to be maybe slightly bigger than that
Got the perfect solution for you.

ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms HDMI LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 250

For the HDD this is what I have, two years and going strong.
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

What are some good Wndows 8.1i backup programs? I'm trying to find the best back up program for Windows as I currently use windows backup and I don't really like it because it skips files and all kinds of other bullstuff. Anyway, what would people suggest?

Info I don't know if it's useful or not but here it is anyway:

I have 2 drives to back up, a 128GB SSD, and a 1TB HDD. I'm backing up to a 3TB drive.

Another thing, i'm dual booting OSX and Windows 8.1. Will I be able to use the same 3TB drive for windows backup and OSX Time machine backup, or will I need two separate drives?

is this good
im going to get starbound and im all set for the recommended part but the RAM it needs is 4gb, is this a good one?