Author Topic: [NEWS] 5 killed after shooting at Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, airport  (Read 6063 times)

if you lot had stayed in the glorious empire none of this would have happened smh

there's literally no serious movement to ban guns in the US. I think the most shocking stat I've seen was in the (often pretty biased) documentary film "Under The Gun" where they mention that immediately after Gritty Grapnel, like 30 Republican states loosened gun laws because they were scared Obama was comin' for their guns!

You literally believe in pizzagate. no offense dude, but I have a hard time taking what you post seriously.
he has a hard time taking you seriously too

so with that logic nothing should be illegal because forget it, anyone who really wants it can get it anyways.

...the point is making them systemically illegal makes it hard for such people to get the items. its not impossible but it removes situations like the columbine shooting since the connections/knowledge needed to obtain such illegal weaponry would prevent those kids from getting said weapons.

obviously you're not stopping determined terrorists or killers, but it would stop those who consider it but aren't able to invest such time and energy and money into doing so.

Rebdomine also had over a hundred explosives hidden in his bedroom all of which were illegal. Eric and Dylan also illegally purchased weapons by proxy through a friend from unlicensed dealers. So yeah, the laws that would've made the Columbine shooting 'systematically harder' were already in place and they didn't work.

IMO using active shooters as an argument for gun control isn't effective. School shootings make up a tiny minority of gun deaths. The vast majority of gun murders occur in impoverished communities with cheap handguns. Nobody has any control over those weapons.

I agree with background checks and other preventative measures that actually work
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:13:25 PM by Rally »

I live like 15-20 minutes away from this airport.  This is something that has never really happened before, and it is shocking to see something like this happen at a small and quiet airport. 

if you lot had stayed in the glorious empire none of this would have happened smh
if we stayed in the glorious empire we wouldn't have tea

Rebdomine also had over a hundred explosives hidden in his bedroom all of which were illegal. Eric and Dylan also illegally purchased weapons by proxy through a friend from unlicensed dealers. So yeah, the laws that would've made the Columbine shooting 'systematically harder' were already in place and they didn't work.

IMO using active shooters as an argument for gun control isn't effective. School shootings make up a tiny minority of gun deaths. The vast majority of gun murders occur in impoverished communities with cheap handguns. Nobody has any control over those weapons.

I agree with background checks and other preventative measures that actually work
Unlicensed dealers get their weapons from a source, and the source is always legal. The way circulation works is that some goods need to be put into circulation before, which means they must be created. Private companies can only produce working weapons under government supervision and require licenses. The 'source' isn't the shady dealer on the corner, but rather the gun store that the gun was originally sold from.

I personally don't believe that removing guns from the equation is a smart idea, but i also don't believe that doing absolutely nothing about regulations is the better solution either. I'd rather have a government that is actively investing in a method to prevent gun violence rather than one that will waste millions of dollars trying to completely remove and ban guns, or a government that will let gun sales and ownership go rampant with no limits.

NRA lobbying and stuff like that is probably the worst case scenario of the gun control spectrum, second being 'ban all guns from existence!'
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:37:30 PM by Perry »

Unlicensed dealers get their weapons from a source, and the source is always legal. The way circulation works is that some goods need to be put into circulation before, which means they must be created. Private companies can only produce working weapons under government supervision and require licenses. The 'source' isn't the shady dealer on the corner, but rather the gun store that the gun was originally sold from.

So in this post you're referring to the "source" as in the legally licensed vendor, who processes 4473's, background checks and sells guns under ATF guidelines? And you want to impose 'regulation' on them (in your original post you said you wanted to 'make it illegal', is this still true?)

What are you doing about the shady dealer on the corner?

saw florida off of america

So in this post you're referring to the "source" as in the legally licensed vendor, who processes 4473's, background checks and sells guns under ATF guidelines? And you want to impose 'regulation' on them (in your original post you said you wanted to 'make it illegal', is this still true?)

What are you doing about the shady dealer on the corner?
The legally licensed vendor can sell a firearm to a consumer, and that consumer can easily flip the firearm into the black market at any moment, especially if the regulations are looser.

Spending resources on formulating an effective control plan is 100x more efficient and intelligent than spending millions of dollars cracking down on every single gun dealer only for them to be replaced by more gun dealers. It's a case of long term plan vs short term plan. The long term plan will eliminate the problem in the future, but the short term plan will only eliminate the problem in the now and you'll have to do it again every time the problem arises
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:01:49 PM by Perry »

restrict guns in airports, hire more air marshals / armed security