Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 296766 times)

#BundlesOfSticksLivesMatter

Why though? You already have your own system, why not implement preventative measures and have the 'bad messages' never show to begin with?
Like, Blockbot and this never made sense to me. If something is wrong, why let it through and then punish?
The only reason I opted for a reactive system as opposed to a proactive system is allowing users to learn from the mistakes of others. I feel like it also creates more of a productive and positive environment than simply censoring people. And many times, a message isn't intended to be spam but could appear to be so.

i cannot believe that you actually added the egg holy stuff this is a good mod
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 11:48:59 AM by Gytyyhgfffff »

holy stuff this is a good mod

Took a long time before you found out.

where did the egg meme even come from

The only reason I opted for a reactive system as opposed to a proactive system is allowing users to learn from the mistakes of others. I feel like it also creates more of a productive and positive environment than simply censoring people. And many times, a message isn't intended to be spam but could appear to be so.
If the message doesn't go through, then there's no reason to punish, right? So people could theoretically make infinite mistakes, aside from flooding maybe.
As for a message not being intended as spam, but could appear to be so, the bot would punish that, wouldn't it?

where did the egg meme even come from
someone posted it on the blf and i was mildly amused and eventually added it to an emoticon script that became popular
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:14:28 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

• GlassBot
    I'd like to introduce our new full-time employee, GlassBot! GlassBot is going to kindly watch our chat to ensure that everyone behaves

B͎̘͉̽̐̓̋͝ͅI͚̤̹͚͇̰͙ͤ̅ͪ͊͊̑͡G͖͙̔̎̂̄̈ ̰̯ͭ͒̚͟B̦̖̮ͤ̈͂̃̃͆̀R̦̳͗Ō̻̓̑͛̈́̚͢T̰̮̮̟͛̊ͥͣ̈ͤHE̞̔̂ͭ͝R̢͂͗̊͂͊ͦ̚ ̱̬͎̂I̱͇̪ͯ̄̄ͧ͗̋S̼̖̘͆̋ͤ̆ͦͣ̕ ͈͕̒̎̒ͥ́Ḁ͚̱̤̄Ḽ̲̥̤͕̋ͣ̃̓W̷̖̳̯̭̺̘͗͂A̭͈̥̿ͧ͆͋͒Ẏ̸̟̈́̌S̵̝̤̤͕͌ͥ͋̓ ̯͇̈͒ͤ̀Ẉ̯͖͖͇̜̬ͪͬ̆̑̌̃Ą̖̙̙̻ͤͫT̬̾͒ͣͬͣͩĊ̶̺̫̜͊̏̿H̩̳͔̜͎̀Ì͈͇̝̞̖ͅN̘̽̏̌͂̈̚G͙̮̪̳̼̯̦ͦͪ̈͊ͦ͊

The system will totally not have false positives and ban people for saying "friend", a word that is commonly used in internet communities like blockland. Right?

B͎̘͉̽̐̓̋͝ͅI͚̤̹͚͇̰͙ͤ̅ͪ͊͊̑͡G͖͙̔̎̂̄̈ ̰̯ͭ͒̚͟B̦̖̮ͤ̈͂̃̃͆̀R̦̳͗Ō̻̓̑͛̈́̚͢T̰̮̮̟͛̊ͥͣ̈ͤHE̞̔̂ͭ͝R̢͂͗̊͂͊ͦ̚ ̱̬͎̂I̱͇̪ͯ̄̄ͧ͗̋S̼̖̘͆̋ͤ̆ͦͣ̕ ͈͕̒̎̒ͥ́Ḁ͚̱̤̄Ḽ̲̥̤͕̋ͣ̃̓W̷̖̳̯̭̺̘͗͂A̭͈̥̿ͧ͆͋͒Ẏ̸̟̈́̌S̵̝̤̤͕͌ͥ͋̓ ̯͇̈͒ͤ̀Ẉ̯͖͖͇̜̬ͪͬ̆̑̌̃Ą̖̙̙̻ͤͫT̬̾͒ͣͬͣͩĊ̶̺̫̜͊̏̿H̩̳͔̜͎̀Ì͈͇̝̞̖ͅN̘̽̏̌͂̈̚G͙̮̪̳̼̯̦ͦͪ̈͊ͦ͊

The system will totally not have false positives and ban people for saying "friend", a word that is commonly used in internet communities like blockland. Right?

you aren't obligated nor entitled to use glass.

if you can't deal with any policies or rules we set within the public chatrooms then don't join the chatrooms at all - there's a setting for this - or just uninstall glass entirely because (to be honest) you already sound like the sort of nut that i would avoid talking to in any circumstance.

if false positives happen then we will deal with those by amending the code for it: simply report the issue to us.
i also want to reiterate the fact that warnings that you receive from glassbot are not permanent and last around an hour before decaying.

glassbot doesn't even monitor DMs any way because you're able to block users, talk to your friends however you want.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 06:02:11 PM by Paperwork »

Id like to just mention the fact that the rules are showed nowhere, we dont even know what they are. From we can see they are no insults or mean behavior.

Also, when you get banned how much is the extent of the ban? Does it prevent you from anything in the mod manager site, does it affect only the chat rooms you were banned in or all of them?

Edit: The descrimination ban says "300 seconds" but its actually 5 hours. You might want to fix that.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 07:15:18 PM by CRITAWAKETS »

Yes, because the fact that it's said often totally makes it acceptable, right?

Id like to just mention the fact that the rules are showed nowhere, we dont even know what they are. From we can see they are no insults or mean behavior.

Also, when you get banned how much is the extent of the ban? Does it prevent you from anything in the mod manager site, does it affect only the chat rooms you were banned in or all of them?

Edit: The descrimination ban says "300 seconds" but its actually 5 hours. You might want to fix that.
They're generally to be a decent person. We'll be adding a command to show the rules.

'Ban' means the user is no longer able to participate in public rooms, but still able to use the rest of Glass and Glass Live. Being 'barred' from Glass Live means you're no longer able to connect, and being barred from Glass means you can't use anything whatsoever.

The discrimination ban is 300 seconds (5 minutes) and it displays as 5 hours due to a bug on the client.

When you think about it, GlassBot plays a rather conservative role. GlassBot handles flood protection and some basic spam detection as well as a few key terms that I'd like to keep the discussion from going toward. Anyone having a normal conversation will not be intruded upon, and that's the goal.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 02:13:01 PM by Scout31 »

make an account on https://blocklandglass.com/ by clicking on "Log In" and hitting the Register button

after you're registered, you'll have a user page where you can upload addons.

you should add a flipped version of the gun called gun2

example chat for gun2:

you should add a flipped version of the gun called gun2

example chat for gun2:

noted - any more icons?