Author Topic: Asus G74  (Read 1810 times)

ill never understand why people want really high-end gaming laptops
i wouldnt be able to stand gaming on a laptop
that what i've always wondered as well
unless they find it as some huge necessity to game on the go

I'll bite: what's really the difference, besides price point? I got into gaming laptops because I sometimes have to move from place to place and hauling a desktop with me is out of the question. It's simply a matter of having less to transport.

On a sidenote: G74Sx - best laptop I've ever owned. The price was right and it kicks the stuff out of any game I throw at it, plus it doesn't generate a ridiculous amount of heat like the old Asus G51 did. Only downside is that it weighs a ridiculous 9 pounds :V

I work online, so I can excuse the expenses. I have like 8 different adobe programs running right now with a dozen files in each consuming over 6 gigs in RAM on just that alone. I like things going smoothly so it's good to have excess.

And then when I'm bored I can play BF3 and TF2 and Skyrim.

I can work from anywhere, and I like going to Cafes and stuff to get out of the house.

When I visit relatives, I can take work and play with me.

It's totally worth the $2,000 pricetag.

It's totally worth the $2,000 pricetag.

Oh man, you must have gotten the super-awesome version with the SSD. Mine's only $1100 new (though I got it free via Best Buy being a company of massive forget ups)

It's nice, but I would have thought the GPU would have been a bit better for that price and hype, lol.

My good old G51Jx-A1 does the job just fine for me, runs everything perfectly.