Author Topic: skateboard vehicle that doesnt suck absolute richard  (Read 10130 times)

will i be able to print the bottom or record my road to sponsorship

Honestly I'm really not sure whether or not I can change the texture underneath the board at will. Pretty sure bricks are the only thing that can have adjustable prints tbh

holy stuff i cant wait
this is awesome
Honestly I'm really not sure whether or not I can change the texture underneath the board at will. Pretty sure bricks are the only thing that can have adjustable prints tbh
https://blocklandglass.com/addons/addon.php?id=707 ?

https://blocklandglass.com/addons/addon.php?id=707

Awesome, I'll take a look

EDIT: Yeah it's totally possible actually, but it'll be difficult to add liveries to the skateboard after it's made from what I can tell, so if you want a design for the board y'all should post them in this thread now
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:11:56 PM by Rally »

Update: It's actually not that hard to get the angle of the ramp we're on. Once I've got it I can manually change the angle of the skateboard using setLookLimits.

This is the result:

I don't think it's too bad but it requires a bunch of handicapped schedule spam and my trademarked Rally Dumbass Vector Calculus™ so I'll probably include a pref to disable the stuff and just go back to the old version

holy stuff thats amazing

tony hawks pro skater: blockland

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:06:08 PM by Kidalex90 »

make the birdhouse one say blockland

Update: It's actually not that hard to get the angle of the ramp we're on. Once I've got it I can manually change the angle of the skateboard using setLookLimits.

This is the result:

I don't think it's too bad but it requires a bunch of handicapped schedule spam and my trademarked Rally Dumbass Vector Calculus™ so I'll probably include a pref to disable the stuff and just go back to the old version
Isn't there a way to clean it up? Because that feature would be incredibly useful for bot vehicles.

can you clarify how you know what limits to set, as the limits would change based on direction you’re facing? are you comparing normal of face you’re on to your eye?

Isn't there a way to clean it up? Because that feature would be incredibly useful for bot vehicles.

Probably, but it's over my head. What it's doing right now is just firing a raycast down, and when it hits a brick it just gets the normal of the face it hit, and then calculates it with that.

I could probably interpolate it based on how diagonal we are to the x and y axis though, I was loving with it earlier

EDIT: Actually it might not be that hard, I could just set the look limits over time instead of snapping them. I'll forget with that too

can you clarify how you know what limits to set, as the limits would change based on direction you’re facing? are you comparing normal of face you’re on to your eye?

I'm using the transform of the skateboard, getting the rotation on the Z axis, and using that to identify whether or not I'm using the x or y Euler angle I got from the normal. For example, if Z rotation is between -45 and -135, or between 135 and 45, I know it's on the X axis, and then I can just flip it based on whether or not the angle is negative.

Taking that angle and turning it into a look limit is just dividing by 180 and adding 0.5. So if we're on a ramp that's 45 degrees, 45/180 + 0.5 = 0.75, so I set the look limits to 0.75 + 0.05, 0.75 - 0.05. If I need to flip it because we're facing in the negative direction, I just take 0.75 and subtract it by 1.

It's not the most elegant thing that's ever been done in Blockland but I could probably make it a bit smoother
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:09:05 AM by Rally »