Author Topic: Any BLFers like Metal?  (Read 7500 times)

Yea I could never get into Nightwish (female voices aren't very good for metal IMO) but I've always assosciated them with the Falador Massacre thanks to old Runescape memes.
>:(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTdhXxxWREo
this one has male vocals in it pls rate & comment

(female voices aren't very good for metal IMO)

die

ik me and pecon7 listen to nightwish which is symphonic metal

you might like ELUVEITIE
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:32:22 AM by Steve5451² »

does the ost from metal gear rising count as metal

For anyone with zero metal knowledge wanting to listen to some super accessible songs:

Power - Blind Guardian - Mirror Mirror
Heavy - Sabaton - Shiroyama
Death - Twilight of the Thunder Gods (There is also a really good Sabaton cover)

i like iron
For a sec I thought you mean Iron, the Ensiferum album (which is actually great).

Wait is DragonForce a metal band.
If so their the only exception from me
Most people who listen to metal that I know consider Dragonforce one of the stufftiest metal bands of all time lol. I personally think they are really impressive (Herman Li is the greatest guitarist ever) but their songs are extremely repetitive and lyrics are so generic they could be written by an AI. Fire & Flames, Soldiers of the Wasteland, and Fury of the Storm are great songs (just don't listen to the lyrics) but so much of it is completely mediocre that it drowns out the good stuff.

voices aren't good for metal either
what about those AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAA's during an intense metal break

my favorite metal band is roostercore deathsemen IIII of sweden, illinois

In no particular order here are some bands I think are pretty nice.

Vektor, Loudness, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Galneryus, Versailles, Tengger Cavalry, Visigoth, Jupiter, Lord of the Trident, Iron Attack!, Batushka, Dopethrone, From Hell, Slugdge, Khemmis, Mantar, Nails, Panopticon, Skelator, Stormhold, Tempel, Twilight Force.

Metal is ok I guess.

Still hanging on to melodeath here. Current select bands are Allegaeon, Spartan, and a little bit of Dark Lunacy (their latest album sounds like something that fits in Dark Souls).

Don’t listen to much metal, but here’s a list of my fav songs

Black Sabbath - War Pigs
Black Sabbath - Iron Man
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
Ozzy Osbourne - Mr. Crowley
Metallica - Fade to Black
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - Welcome Home (sanitarium)
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters

Randy Rhoads is one of my favorite guitar players and one of the inspirations for me to start playing guitar.

<----- recently going through a metallica phase

Anterior - progressive/melodic death metal. my current go-to for progressive rock/metal

August Burns Red - melodic metalcore. they keep getting more and more technical and i love it. amazing lyrics as usual

Erra - technical hardcore. probably the least harsh vocals of all the bands on this list

For Today - metalcore. (((bass drop)))

Napoleon - technical hardcore. favorite band atm, all-around amazing. see "stargazer" too if you liked this

Oh, Sleeper - metalcore. great workout songs lol, see "children of fire" as well

lots of others but this is what i've been listening to lately. never was into older stuff like metallica, anthrax, megadeth, etc. i can listen to it just fine but 95% i'd rather listen to something else

blood on the dance floor