Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 259192 times)

I'm running 25 servers at the moment, 1.45 times more than Lub is right now. My CPU has 1.45 times more power than Lub's, what the forget are you talking about?
Well. Your service always lags like crap when I get 25 People +. Or when I exceed 70K bricks I get random ghosting. (Not only me, everyone)

I still laugh whenever you say Kalphiter's service is stuff, because before Lub's service, you were defending Kalphiter like you were his boyfriend or something.
Its called being wrong.

Well. Your service always lags like crap when I get 25 People +. Or when I exceed 70K bricks I get random ghosting. (Not only me, everyone)
Seems like you're the only one with this problem. Not sure why you never reported it.

As in, only your server.

I think you should stop sticking up for Lub's service, I don't understand what you're trying to get at. Everyone likes both servers, making arguments about which one is better is pathetic and you should think about what you're saying.

My opinion is that Lub's is more thought through with the design, and looks much better. But theoretically speaking they're both the same, Lub's just has the edge.

My opinion is that Lub's is more thought through with the design, and looks much better. But theoretically speaking they're both the same, Lub's just has the edge.

People seem to think the only difference is the design when actually we have an incredibly comprehensive feature set:

Features
All aspects of your RTB-hosted dedicated server are controlled via the RTB website which can be used in all modern browsers on both computers and tablets. There's also an interface coming soon to be used on mobile phones.

Automated Payment & Deployment
If you decide you'd like to buy a server you can pay immediately via PayPal and have your new server in your account ready to be deployed within seconds. Deployment takes less than a minute once you've entered your key and from there you'll be able to start your server immediately.

Server Dashboard
Each server has it's own dashboard which shows realtime stats about the players, bricks and admins on your server as well as a graph showing data over the last hour. As the service is developed you'll see more functionality introduced to the dashboard.

Remote Control
The most important part of hosting a server is being able to start, stop and reboot your server whenever you want. The interface allows you to see the realtime status of your server and start/stop it or even do a force-shutdown if your server becomes unresponsive. You'll also be able to see the current revision of Blockland your server is running and update that when a new version is released.

Console Access
Console access is another vital aspect of running your own server. From the moment you start up your server you'll be able to access the console via the interface using an overlay which gives you realtime access to view your server output and send commands to it.

Server Logs
Each time your server gets shutdown the console.log will be compressed and stored for you to download via the interface should you ever need to. In addition to this, daily compressed chat logs are also available for download.

FTP Access
You'll be able to access your server's files using FTP should you need to upload or download anything from your server. You can use the interface to set and change your ftp password and view your connection details.

Access Control
If you have other people help run your server you can give them as much access as you want to your server via the access control page. Depending on whether you want them to have full administrative capabilities or just be able to load bricks you can adjust this here.

Server Settings
Using the server settings page you can change all the settings you'd usually be able to via the RTB Server Control panel in-game. These settings will be applied immediately or saved for the next time you start your server if it's offline. You can also select a default gamemode for your server to use from the list of installed gamemodes on your server.

Add-On Management
Using the add-ons interface you can view a categorized list of all the add-ons on your server and enable or disable those you need or don't. Changes to your add-ons will take effect once you start or restart your server. There will also be functionality coming soon to allow you to upload add-ons direct from RTB or from your computer if you don't want to use FTP.

Auto-Saving
Your server can be configured to automatically save the bricks periodically. The saving system has been written to be both fast and transparent to the users on your server meaning a save can be taken during a deathmatch without slowing the game down. Saves will be automatically compressed and kept should you want to reload one at any point.

Brick Management
To avoid having to upload bricks in-game you can use the load bricks page to either load bricks from your computer to the server or load a recent auto-save into the server with a single click.

Server Chat
Using the server chat page you can view the real time chat in your server, talk as yourself to your players without being present and also see a list of players in your server. Coming soon will be the ability to kick and ban players via the web interface too.

Ticket-based Support System
If you have any issues with your server or billing or anything else you can raise a ticket via the support area and receive email notifications when you get a reply.

^ I should have added stuff among other things, but the design is the main feature for me.

Who accepts credit card?
Both accept PayPal, you can pay with a CC without a PayPal account.

Who accepts credit card?
Paypal does, even without an account.

Add-On Management should have a button which enables/disables all add-ons as well as a delete button so that it deletes it from the add-on folder. It's much more convenient if FTP client is a hassle, which in my case they are.

Yep we've got that on the to-do list, thanks.

Everything went down for me? My server got stuck on waiting after shutting down now it says site is down for maintenance.

Did something happen?

Its back up.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 05:03:39 PM by Glassy¹ »