Author Topic: The Marines finally called me.  (Read 20320 times)

that's what pandan does
every single thread he posts in turns into a drama thread about him

that's what pandan does
every single thread he posts in turns into a drama thread about him
what if we ignore him

remember when you tried to convince me that i was a monster who didn't know anything about "true" love? if i had known that then, i would have just ignored you (i dont mean any offence, i'm sure your skype sessions are really emotional!!!)

you're a moron if you're going to ruin a potential career for some needy bitch you've only seen 7 times. and you want to marry this chick? wtf? 7 times man, that's all you've got. you don't even know what living with her is like and you're making claims like that?

You're the type of person who thinks physical contact matters it seems. Your post hasn't contributed, thanks. I talk to her daily almost non-stop. I don't see what the problem is here. If you're crying about how my relationship is then you're pretty much doing the same for nearly every soldier currently overseas without their family. You think they grow farther apart because they're not getting physical contact or something?

Help me understand your point of view because I'm not seeing it. Yes, I've only seen her seven times because I lack the gas money to drive and see her every weekend. That doesn't mean we're any less strong. :D

Maybe, just maybe, one day, you'll understand the difference between loving somebody because of who they are and not caring if they're far away or not, and loving somebody's body and not having the true connection people would call "true love". Not trying to sound like a friend here but you really seem to be missing my point every time I try to explain to you. You may have different views, but that doesn't mean I have the same beliefs. I've already been with her for a year and a half. lol

I'm not trying to sound rude, I just really don't understand why it's so hard for you to accept my beliefs.

Also, I have a much better career planned than the Marines at this point. I care more about living happily with my girlfriend than potentially getting killed and ruining her life, y'know. It's not like I'll be losing anything. But I might do it in the future if it becomes more flexible. It depends.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:02:02 PM by Moonstar Akemi »

You're the type of person who thinks physical contact matters it seems.

Your post lost all credibility with the first sentence. I read this and just started giggling. You seem like the kind of person I would never want to be friends with though.

You're the type of person who thinks physical contact matters it seems.

I.

I can't take you seriously after reading that.

Also, I have a much better career planned than the Marines at this point. I care more about living happily with my girlfriend than potentially getting killed and ruining her life, y'know. It's not like I'll be losing anything. But I might do it in the future if it becomes more flexible. It depends.

Sacrificing your entire life to be with a girl you've known for less than 5 years and have never had love with isn't the recipe for a happy life.

Your post lost all credibility with the first sentence. I read this and just started giggling. You seem like the kind of person I would never want to be friends with though.

Nice to know. Can you please think of something more contributing to the topic before blatantly shooting down my post because you have an opinion? Thanks.

I.

I can't take you seriously after reading that.

Sacrificing your entire life to be with a girl you've known for less than 5 years and have never had love with isn't the recipe for a happy life.

It's okay to not take me seriously if you don't believe. But I just have the feeling. If you honestly don't believe me, I'll tell you that I was wrong if something goes wrong. But I'm sure that it won't. :)

Edit: I also forgot to say that I had no life before I met her. If anything, she gave me a life and a reason to live.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:27:03 PM by Moonstar Akemi »

Because YOUR gay

#rekt
YOU'RE
IF YOU'RE GOING TO CAPITALIZE ONE WORD IN A SENTENCE AT LEAST SPELL IT RIGHT UAGH

You're the type of person who thinks physical contact matters it seems. Your post hasn't contributed, thanks. I talk to her daily almost non-stop. I don't see what the problem is here. If you're crying about how my relationship is then you're pretty much doing the same for nearly every soldier currently overseas without their family. You think they grow farther apart because they're not getting physical contact or something?

Help me understand your point of view because I'm not seeing it. Yes, I've only seen her seven times because I lack the gas money to drive and see her every weekend. That doesn't mean we're any less strong. :D

Maybe, just maybe, one day, you'll understand the difference between loving somebody because of who they are and not caring if they're far away or not, and loving somebody's body and not having the true connection people would call "true love". Not trying to sound like a friend here but you really seem to be missing my point every time I try to explain to you. You may have different views, but that doesn't mean I have the same beliefs. I've already been with her for a year and a half. lol

I'm not trying to sound rude, I just really don't understand why it's so hard for you to accept my beliefs.

No. He's saying it so straight-forwardly because for all you know, she could have another boyfriend where she lives. People can lie no matter how innocent they seem to be. Again, it's over skype, you don't know what living with her is like or if she'll break up with you after you've missed your chance to join the marines.

If this is really your dream, you wouldn't give it up for a girl that, even though you say you have a strong connection to, have only seen 7 times in your life and you think that it'll last forever. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, whilst there are plenty of other women in the world just like her. Don't allow love to blind you into going down the wrong path, as you'll regret it later.

You're the type of person who thinks physical contact matters it seems
Yeah, I'm one of those normal people, I think I fall into what they call the "majority"

Justify it to yourself all you want, you've got a glorified internet girlfriend

No. He's saying it so straight-forwardly because for all you know, she could have another boyfriend where she lives. People can lie no matter how innocent they seem to be. Again, it's over skype, you don't know what living with her is like or if she'll break up with you after you've missed your chance to join the marines.

If this is really your dream, you wouldn't give it up for a girl that, even though you say you have a strong connection to, have only seen 7 times in your life and you think that it'll last forever. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, whilst there are plenty of other women in the world just like her. Don't allow love to blind you into going down the wrong path, as you'll regret it later.

I can understand that, but I wouldn't be wasting my time if I didn't think it was going to happen. I've known her for a long time and I also know her mother because I've been to her house plenty of times and her mom would obviously not allow that. And if she were to do something like that, her mom would tell me. But I trust her, so. I'm not being blinded by love. I already explained that I have a better career planned out than what I would get out of the Marines regardless. I'm happier being with the love of my life than living some dream I had when I was younger and wanted to join because I had absolutely nothing to lose. Well, now I have something to lose and I don't intend on losing her. :D

Yeah, I'm one of those normal people, I think I fall into what they call the "majority"

Justify it to yourself all you want, you've got a glorified internet girlfriend

I'm not one of the majority, however. I actually want something real. And oh boy, two and a half hour distance apart totally makes it internet based!

So are you calling every long-distance relationship an internet-relationship or what? I believe there's a large difference between both.

I will justify it because I am right in my decision and in what I believe in. You can believe whatever you want but I'm not like you -- and very glad not to be.

The last thing I want is to be in some sort of joke of a relationship where the only reason they're with me is because of my appearance and not my personality. I wouldn't tolerate that. Nope. :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:48:25 PM by Moonstar Akemi »

The difference between a soldier overseas missing his family and you and your girlfriend is they actually know whats its like to live with them (You know because they have had physical contact) You are not married and have only met this girl a handful of times.

The difference between a soldier overseas missing his family and you and your girlfriend is they actually know whats its like to live with them (You know because they have had physical contact) You are not married and have only met this girl a handful of times.

It doesn't matter if I've met her in person a handful of times, I literally talk to her daily. Mostly through Skype and video-chatting but on days that we can't, through text or voice-call. I honestly don't need physical contact to know what somebody is like because it's their personality, not their body. She and I share the same beliefs, hence we don't go by the rule of "no contact, no relationship" like most people like to go by. I care about her because she is different, like me. That is why she is special to me because she's one of a kind -- the kind that matches me. xD

One person in the community already doubted that we'd even be together for two months, but we've already surpassed that by far.

Sure, I'm not married and haven't seen her in person often, but she and I are extremely close. You get close to somebody by talking to them and learning about them as they learn about you. Physical contact is great and all and we both want it, but we aren't going to just drop our relationship over not having it because we're just as close on the internet as we are in person. The seven or nine times I saw her, we literally acted the same.

I guess she and I are just the oddballs of society, but we're happy that way.

gotta get physical man.
what the hell else is the point in a romantic relationship otherwise? I mean then it would just be... a good friendship.
I have friends and they don't expect me to remember their birthdays.

a fake girlfriend would be a huge waste of my time.
my precious precious time... *opens a bag of chips*

^

You're giving up a dream for someone you've met 7 times... XD

gotta get physical man.
what the hell else is the point in a romantic relationship otherwise? I mean then it would just be... a good friendship.
I have friends and they don't expect me to remember their birthdays.

a fake girlfriend would be a huge waste of my time.
my precious precious time... *opens a bag of chips*

lmao it's not like we plan to be this way forever.

I mean, I can see your point, but I feel more through emotions than physically. But within a couple more years we'll be living together. :D

^

You're giving up a dream for someone you've met 7 times... XD

But she is my dream. I was joining the Marines because I had nothing back then. Yes, I've only met her seven times, but I don't think like most people do. Neither does she, so it works out fine.