Author Topic: What are the pros and cons of Kaphost and RTB Hosting?  (Read 1985 times)

Yes, I have read both of their forum threads, and they both look very nice. However, I must choose one.

I do not intend to start a flame war between Kaphost users and RTB users, I just want to know their pros and cons so I can decide which service fits me better.

And there is this mysterious "Kahost" service that I have no idea about. Anybody ever has any information on this, please let me know: http://daarenbukhari.wix.com/kahosting

Kaphost isn't too bad, it's also working on a new panel which looks pretty nice, right now I think Kaphost is free until the development is finished, not sure. RTB had some performance issues in my experience but they seem to be migrating to a new server which looks promising, RTB Hosting also has a full finished Panel which receives updates and they also take suggestions for it.

I suggest going with RTB Hosting for now since Kaphost isn't exactly open (from what I hear) right now. I have experience with both services and they are both very good. RTB is winning me with the panel right now but Kaphost is working on one as well, so I guess we'll see how that goes.

Kaphost isn't too bad, it's also working on a new panel which looks pretty nice, right now I think Kaphost is free until the development is finished, not sure. RTB had some performance issues in my experience but they seem to be migrating to a new server which looks promising, RTB Hosting also has a full finished Panel which receives updates and they also take suggestions for it.

I suggest going with RTB Hosting for now since Kaphost isn't exactly open (from what I hear) right now. I have experience with both services and they are both very good. RTB is winning me with the panel right now but Kaphost is working on one as well, so I guess we'll see how that goes.
I'm glad to see you can actually take a reasonable perspective now.

Wow, thanks. Exactly the type of answer I was looking for.

I'm glad to see you can actually take a reasonable perspective now.
I'm surprised sometimes to see how much people can change.

There's obvious bias involved here.

Personally I would love to know which one is better for the price, and if I'll have a good ping to my own server.

Kap host is east coast, and Idk where RTB is.

RTB servers are located on the East Coast too.

-snip-
The servers are no longer in the New York City metro area but we've stuck with an East Coast provider for the best connection to players in Europe and the USA.
-snip-

There's obvious bias involved here.

Personally I would love to know which one is better for the price, and if I'll have a good ping to my own server.

Kap host is east coast, and Idk where RTB is.

Kaphost is central, not East Coast. RTB is and always will be East Coast for best possibly connectivity to the USA and Europe.

I don't want to get involved here but there's no comparison. RTB has had months of continued development with a vast array of easy to use management features, Kaphost is primitive and under developed. This is merely stating facts and there are quotes form Kalphiter agreeing with this view. Since the services cost the same, I don't think there is currently any choice but RTB.

RTB had some performance issues in my experience
There's a lot more to go wrong when you're hosting 100 servers on 3 physical servers compared to 10 users on 1, but I think we've handled and responded to the issues fantastically.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 06:55:19 AM by Rub »

Rub, can you seriously stop talking about Kaphost? You're basically begging Kalphiter to come here and start a fight. Just stick to your own business without causing so many problems.

Rub, can you seriously stop talking about Kaphost? You're basically begging Kalphiter to come here and start a fight. Just stick to your own business without causing so many problems.
Yeah those two are always fighting, I wonder what would happen to them if Blockland had the same amount of hosting solutions that a game such as Minecraft has.

are you loving stupid or what, the thread is about the pros and cons about rtb host and kaphost, lub has all the right to give his opinion, even if it's negative, so if I have negative views about rtb it makes it okay but not with kalphiter, you act like kalphiter has this magically for field so that we can't give negative opinions about it, except this thread is just for that.

I stated nothing but facts, sorry that that's upsetting.

I have never ran my own server with RTB hosting, but I bought a Kaphost server around a year ago, and Kalphiter was so great with service and answering questions that I bought another six months when my first month expired. I would buy Kaphost again if he was accepting payments and I actually had something I was willing to host.

On the other hand, RTB was decent, as I have experience managing Zay's server and transferring files over there. RTB has many features in an easy interface, but Kalphiter is making a new panel going to offer many (if not all) of the same features.

I am sorry if I sound biased, but I am only stating my personal opinion on my own experience with the two services.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:49:12 AM by Dr_Zegobob »

are you loving stupid or what, the thread is about the pros and cons about rtb host and kaphost, lub has all the right to give his opinion, even if it's negative, so if I have negative views about rtb it makes it okay but not with kalphiter, you act like kalphiter has this magically for field so that we can't give negative opinions about it, except this thread is just for that.
I stated nothing but facts, sorry that that's upsetting.
It's not upsetting and Rub can state his opinion, I'm just saying you know Kalphiter will come in here and cause a huge, unnecessary fight. I would say the same to him as well.

It's not upsetting and Rub can state his opinion, I'm just saying you know Kalphiter will come in here and cause a huge, unnecessary fight. I would say the same to him as well.
Well there's not much he can do about it. This topic is about comparing the two, you really do have to talk about both if you want people to think you're a credible source.

Anyways, now for my opinion. From my experience with RTB and Kaphost (being at servers that use one or the other), Kaphost has less lag. Probably 4 of every 5 servers I have joined that are using RTB (that I knew of) had lag spikes every once in a while, and sometimes 30 seconds of non-stop lag spikes. I have only had bad experiences with RTB hosting compared to Kaphost.

I am unfamiliar with the panels that everyone is talking about because I have not used either of the hosting services, but from what I here, RTB has a better one.

So if you want my opinion on which to get, I would probably have to say get RTB if you want to buy one of the services right now and host right now, or wait and get Kaphost once it's back up if you don't need the hosting service right now.

I have never used RTB Hosting, so i can't realyl compare the two.  However I can tell you why I chose Kaphost. 

I really just needed a simple server in a better location.  That's what I was shopping for.  So when I saw this: 
and now we're proud to be able to solve the issue of being able to host a quality Blockland server regardless of your physical location or technical knowledge.

I knew I'd have to go with Kaphost.  I'm a tekkie.  So when I saw that RTB was designed for the more.... simple users I decided I really didn't want to struggle with that.  After checking to see if Kalphiter could be trusted with my money(he seemed very professional with his clients on the forums) I decided to go for Kaphost.

A month or two after I started using Kaphost, if I remember right, the service stopped accepting new members, and all existing members kept their servers for free, until he finishes the new panel.

So, my advice to you would be to use RTB Hosting for now, but to just try out Kaphost when it comes out.