Author Topic: Need help deciding on a keyboard  (Read 1050 times)

So today I decided on what my new keyboard should be.
I specifically need help choosing between the Razer Blackwidow or the Alienware TactX Keyboard to get for Xmas
So help me decide

Post away gogogo

ive had the blackwidow for a while and its awesome, but i would spring for the backlit one (the ultimate) bcuz its prettier

whats the point of a super flashy LED lights cool pictures black colors glow in the dark keyboard for 100 bucks
im not saying you shouldn't get it, but someone please explain the purpose and the advantages over simple 20 dollar keyboard

whats the point of a super flashy LED lights cool pictures black colors glow in the dark keyboard for 100 bucks
im not saying you shouldn't get it, but someone please explain the purpose and the advantages over simple 20 dollar keyboard

Mechanical keys.
That's about it. But as the keys are what matters on the keyboard, that's all it's worth for any keyboard.
No point on backlight except for looking nice or for in the dark for people who look at the keyboard sometimes for a specific button or something. But personally I don't care about that because I am not looking at my keyboard while typing or anything.

Mechanical keys.
whats the advantage with mechanical keys? i know they are more durable, feel nicer, and emit loveually arousing sounds when pressed, but im not sure its worth the extra 80 - 100 bucks

whats the advantage with mechanical keys? i know they are more durable, feel nicer, and emit loveually arousing sounds when pressed, but im not sure its worth the extra 80 - 100 bucks
This is what makes the extra bucks.
Durability, performance and sound. I am not sure if there's any other categories.
The money is much more because each key has that mechanism, which in fact is about ten times as complicated than the normal keys. The normal keys consist of a rubber dome. If you take a key off, it even falls off and you can look at it... and that's about it. The mechanical are, well, mechanical and consist of different parts than a mass-produced single-type rubber dome. Because much more work needs to be done on a single key switch and system, that's what makes the price.
And if you say you are "Paying the brand", you could always buy any other mechanical keyboard on the market.
Even old IBM Model Ms cost more than a normal keyboard (as far as I seen). Though by standards they have the same feel as Mechanical (if not a bit worse) and they will get dull keys faster than rubbers.

Though I might be just talking stuff because I never touched a mechanical. But boy do I want to. I am just exemplifying and talking of every review, talk, videos and whatever else there is that I seen or heard.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:44:23 PM by LeetZero »

Pacha gave me his rosewill cherry MX blue keyboard and I loving love it. I would reccoment the Rosewill Mechanical Keyboard RK-9000 with Cherry MX Blue Switch.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201040