Author Topic: North Korea threatens war on US over Kim Jong-un movie  (Read 9183 times)

North Korea can't even launch an ICBM let alone get one past the US missile defense system.  We have lasers that can instantly and accurately shoot down supersonic and hypersonic projectiles.  They would not dare provoke us, just gives an excuse for a retaliatory second strike.

your friend is right.

even if they nuked themselves, we would launch a nuke. that is how it works. and that is why all countries with them are in a constant checkmate. because no 2 would simply go back and forth, it would involve everyone no matter the degree of use.

its the only reason we havnt touched NK yet, and the only reason russia and china have the power they still do, and the only reason iran, and attempted iraq were seeking them. it promises you protection from the US.
how would this make sense? They nuke themselves and in the process destroy their relations with China and Russia, also while destroying a large portion of their troops and government, and we'd still nuke them? That's incredibly stupid and would resolve nothing. I don't believe our leaders today would do anything that stupid.

North Korea can't even launch an ICBM let alone get one past the US missile defense system.  We have lasers that can instantly and accurately shoot down supersonic and hypersonic projectiles.  They would not dare provoke us, just gives an excuse for a retaliatory second strike.
The part about the lasers is entirely untrue, we are developing them but they will not have the capibilty to take out a ballistic missile until the 2030's.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:36:21 AM by Clear Glass »

Wow, Who knew a movie about killing a Chinese tyrant would cause so much controversy. That's sarcasm.

Also guys, They have Chinese dragons on their side, Were forgeted.

The part about the lasers is entirely untrue, we are developing them but they will not have the capibilty to take out a ballistic missile until the 1930's.
what

The part about the lasers is entirely untrue, we are developing them but they will not have the capibilty to take out a ballistic missile until the 1930's.
Glass comfirmed to be timetraveler

how would this make sense? They nuke themselves and in the process destroy their relations with China and Russia, also while destroying a large portion of their troops and government, and we'd still nuke them? That's incredibly stupid and would resolve nothing. I don't believe our leaders today would do anything that stupid.

its not supossed to make sense. nukes arnt about killing your enemy in a useful way, they never were.
they exist as a "if i go then so will everyone else" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_assured_destruction
all nations agree on that logic, thats why simply having them completely protects you from any invasions. they doint need to be able to launch them over seas or even have missiles at all. they are safe.

Would it be too dangerous politics-wise to nuke them if we ever do go to war? Their country seems a bit small and I think the majority of the soldiers that we try to kill with a nuke would probably bring a bunch of civilian casualties with it.

Would it be too dangerous politics-wise to nuke them if we ever do go to war? Their country seems a bit small and I think the majority of the soldiers that we try to kill with a nuke would probably bring a bunch of civilian casualties with it.

yes. because russia and china would most assuredly nuke us back.
they dont even have to be allies with NK, thats how it works with nukes.

I am actually writing a story, part of which is where North Korea shuts itself off from the world and attempts to build a utopia.

Well, attempts to...

Anyways, yes, this is old news.

I am actually writing a story, part of which is where North Korea shuts itself off from the world and attempts to build a utopia.

Well, attempts to...

Anyways, yes, this is old news.
nice plug :^)

owning nuclear weapons as it is is p risky if you look at how many times we almost forgeted ourselves with them by accident & if we nuked them itd be as good as game over for us

The laser systems are in use right now, you just don't know about them.  I have personally seen one used in a demonstration.

its not supossed to make sense. nukes arnt about killing your enemy in a useful way, they never were.
they exist as a "if i go then so will everyone else" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_assured_destruction
all nations agree on that logic, thats why simply having them completely protects you from any invasions. they doint need to be able to launch them over seas or even have missiles at all. they are safe.
this is exactly why ukraine should not have given up their soviet era nukes, or they should have at least joined nato.

speaking of experimental weapons whats happening with the railguns