Author Topic: Save Checker V1.12 (2014/9/7 - 23:00 EST)  (Read 9595 times)

Save Checker
Used to check your saves for what brick packs are needed

Description
Ever wondered if you are missing an add-on for a save?
Have too many useless brick packs?
Now you can disable, enable, and even download the brick pack at a click of a button! (Thank Swollow for hosting the RTB Archive which this uses)

To use it, click the >Saves< button left of the None button in your Custom Add-ons GUI when you start a server.
Clicking on "Extra Add-on (Add-on Name)" will disable it automatically, and in reverse if it says disabled add-on.
If you click on a missing add-on, it will bring up the download for you.

Custom Database
If you have some bricks that aren't included and the database, but would like it to work with the add-on, enable Client_BrickDatabase in the add-on selection gui, and in your server follow these steps.
1). Enable all the bricks you have that isn't included.
2). Do the following server command after you spawn.
    /MakeDatabase

This requires you to be the host of the server (of course).
And the next time you open up your save checker, it will include the custom database.

Planned features
A hosted Database, so the UI-Names will be updated frequently
Missing Events, Emitters, Items, and Lights.

Issues
The >Saves< button is sometimes blocking the None button (seen in picture 1)
Multiple add-ons uses same UI-Names (Not really fixable)
If the description contains a quotation mark, it will appear as an unknown add-on.

Update History
   V1.0 - Add-on created!
   V1.01 - Changed >Saves< to simply Saves by request.
   V1.11
     + Added custom brick database support
     = Fixed a mistype in the code making it where when you enable an add-on, it'll actually show up that the add-on is enabled in the list.
   V.12
     = Patched the issue of fileCopy not copying the brick database properly.

Screenshots
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6szzfbdrfnvpau/ScreenShot_1.png?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsyja9mwlnn6ruu/ScreenShot_2.png?dl=0

Download
  Client_BrickDatabase.zip
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:00:57 PM by Pah1023 »

nice, this will be really useful

thanks for making this so fast wow

[fistpumping intensifies]

I don't like how the save button is surrounded by this: '><'. Making it just say 'Saves' would look a lot nicer.

Wait, so how is it labeled and what color is it if we don't have it, but we need it to load the entire save successfully?

you have done god's work

Hah, I made a suggestion topic for this a little bit ago. Thanks dude, this will be helpful in the future.

I don't like how the save button is surrounded by this: '><'. Making it just say 'Saves' would look a lot nicer.
Sure, I'll change that in a moment.

Hah, I made a suggestion topic for this a little bit ago. Thanks dude, this will be helpful in the future.
No problem.

Wait, so how is it labeled and what color is it if we don't have it, but we need it to load the entire save successfully?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvvdrdikn3qk1ay/Example.png?dl=0
As seen in this picture,
Extra Add-ons (Add-on Name) means that this add-on can be disabled without affecting the save.
Missing Add-on (Missing Add-on Name) means that you need to download it, you can click this row and it will bring up Swollow's archive, and try to download it from there.
Unknown Add-on (UIName) means that I don't have that UI Name in my database, if you'd tell me the add-on that has it, I'll add it to my next database update.
Have Add-on (Or just simply the add-on name) means it is required, and you have it enabled.
Required Add-on (Add-on Name) means this is required and it isn't enabled. Just click the row and it will enable it for you.
Hope that explained everything for you.

Use support_updater so you can regularly update the database if needed

Ive been asking for this for years.
Holy stuff, I hope this works.

Edit: Does it not detect custom/personal brick packs?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 12:58:31 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Ive been asking for this for years.
Holy stuff, I hope this works.

Edit: Does it not detect custom/personal brick packs?
Sadly, it doesn't, and making it discover brick files before a server is created is difficult to do.
I'm planning on making a server command that will create a custom database, so it will work with custom packs.

EDIT: Just wrote the server script, fixing to test it out now and if it works I'll post the update and instructions on how to use it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:51:48 PM by Pah1023 »

Just released the update to include custom database support!
Follow the instructions in the main post to use it.
(and if there are any bugs, post them here)