Poll

Upcoming Quest Reward

A horse + Combat Exp.
12 (46.2%)
An avatar + Combat Exp.
14 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Land of Blocks - Blockland's RPG SERVER ONLINE (Hosting again!)  (Read 51403 times)

I do have to agree with Leet, because of the whole leveling system, players who join the server don't stay for too long because they get wrecked by players who have been there longer. It should be about skill, not who has more hours on the server.

There should really be a system implemented where, say, someone who is level 10 combat cannot hurt someone who is level 5, but that level 5 person can hurt the level 10 person and he can then fight back. That way it's the lower-level person's choice of whether to engage in combat or ignore him. Once someone dies, the battle between them ends.

Edit: Zeblote, I suggested this idea a while back.

Edit: Zeblote, I suggested this idea a while back.
I did too, it seems like he completely forgot to add that to the server.

I did too, it seems like he completely forgot to add that to the server.
Or hes been working on the other 20 thousand things that has been suggested. Still, this is a decent solution to the problem. If I could I would simply move the pvp areas so that you only have to cross them to get to better things, lower leveled players should never be forced to go into pvp. Considering the first and only quest sends you into a pvp area is a bit.. Dumb...

Also Elm, get on the server some time I'm on. Or give me your steam or email or some method I can IM you. I've got plans for a new quest.

I will no longer attack new players, unless they consistently hit me or push me.

On the making skill play a fairer role in Land of Blocks, a great idea would be to set a minimum and maximum on damage, such that the Damage-Per-Hit is maintained but spread somewhat more evenly between each individual hit.

This way you don't have a skilled aimer hitting his opponent four times in a row with 0dmgs, and then getting killed by a horrible aimer's single 60dmg arrow after 3 misses.

A better formula for arrow damage:
Code: [Select]
dmg = (damage from type of bow) + random[(combat lvl)]
Now combat level and luck still play a role, but aiming skill becomes more fairly important. Isn't that much more fair and fun?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:26:06 PM by SpeedBlade »

SpeedBlade is right on this point:
The problem is that bows are practically "handicapped" bows. I mean, if you miss an opponent you should miss because of your aim. If you shoot the opponent right in their faces, you should not deal 0 damage because you missed, it was already enough that you could miss them in the first place, the thing is that once you hit someone/something, you hit him. Period. There should be no ability to get 0 damage from bows.

How about the minimum damage is your combat level and the maximum damage is your combat level multiplicated with the damage of the weapon?

Man Elm, knowing you it seems so weird that you'd make probability factor into your combat so much.

Its surprising how many people consider the 0's as missing. I always considered it as the opponent blocking, and hoped that eventually it will be a skill..
Still, I have to agree with this. It is ridiculous the amount of 'misses' you get. And the formulas do need improving, although I disagree with the details in Speedblade's formula, it is a good start.

How about the minimum damage is your combat level and the maximum damage is your combat level multiplicated with the damage of the weapon?
oh god

instant 1 shotters.

oh god

instant 1 shotters.
Don't make everything have rediculous 20-30 hp then.

Perhaps it would be nice to be able to use the light button as block stance while using a sword/shield? Or a shield item that when you be using. You would walk slower but the damage would be reduced by a lot. Not always 0, but gives that chance too, besides that, low damage, because you would still be able to be hurt in some conditions.

The server is back up. I made it so you'll hit 0's less, but they'll still happen.

A new weapon has been introduced, the Javelin. Come in and try it out.

PS: the Javelin is spelled Javlin in game, and it'll be fixed later on down the road.

Fixed the music download in the OP.

WOW! the onyxes drop ADAMANTITE shortswords!!! thats a bit much dude. i'd change that to mithril.

WOW! the onyxes drop ADAMANTITE shortswords!!! thats a bit much dude. i'd change that to mithril.

Nah, i think i'm just going to up their hp to around 500.